The Kemper Profiler Thread

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by El Kabong, Jan 23, 2016.

1. El Kabong

El Kabong Senior Member

With the recent addition of a new Kemper Profiler (Lunchbox) to my little amp family I thought it was high time we had a Kemper Thread for sharing experiences, tips, techniques and other meanderings with fellow Kempans™.

Perhaps this thread can be moved to the new Modeling Amp Subforum (should one ever materialize) if it meets the criteria and gets 'fat' enough for prime time.

The Kemper Forum is a zoo of its own, but I think that with its inherent panache, the MLP brand will set us apart and once again emerge as the TRUE place to be for inclusion in the most discriminating Top 10 Cool Lists everywhere!!! :dude:

So lets have it, any tips for a Kemper n00b before picking up any bad habits? :wave:

[​IMG]

if6was9, Dirty Lemon, caljoe and 9 others like this.
  2. Matty

Matty Senior Member

HNAD bro, what tubes in the power section? :p

4 people like this.
  3. El Kabong

El Kabong Senior Member

They are ceramic JJ 6V6 chips... :rofl:

2 people like this.
  4. Matty

Matty Senior Member

Have you profiled any of your own amps yet? :hmm:

5. El Kabong

El Kabong Senior Member

Can't wait to dive into that... maybe tomorrow... there is quite a learning curve getting used to this unit, but I think profiling at least one of my own amps should be pretty high on the todo list. I have about 1000 amp profiles stored already, but the only way for me to know which sweeping adjustments need to be applied universally right off the bat is to to profile one of my own, so that I can actually compare apples to apples... otherwise I am just guessing as to how they are supposed to sound.

Once I have one of my own amps profiled, I can then see which speaker/power amp combo(s) produce the most faithful reproduction. Then I can go from there.

Pretty exciting stuff actually... although I think it is going to take quite a while for me to get used to all these buttons, switches and knobs. I'm really tempted to push the one that says "DON'T PUSH THIS BUTTON'... oh, wait, it says 'REVERB'... I'm going overwhelmingly cross-eyed looking at all these options. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

So far I am really loving it through the Power Station... there have been some rich nasty growls emanating from my room all day... kind of reminds me of college... :naughty:

3 people like this.
  6. Pwrmac7600

Pwrmac7600 Premium Member

Clips,Clips,Clips!!!!!

2 people like this.
  7. Lolly

Lolly Senior Member

Congrats!!! I have the Kemper since three years ago and it ended my amp GAS :)

If You have any question I'll be glad to help.

If You want, I have many Kemper clips in the soundcloud link in my sig.

:wave:

5 people like this.
  8. Pwrmac7600

Pwrmac7600 Premium Member

AWESOME! are they your own profiles? I am curious to hear profiles that the average user made in maybe not so ideal "recording studio" environments. I will checks yours out!

2 people like this.
  9. IronWeso

IronWeso Senior Member

Dude HNAD!!! Clips :) !!!!!!!!!!!

2 people like this.
  10. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Premium Member V.I.P. Member

And our high end modeling sub community grows one larger.. What's the latest on Caljoe? Where are you Joey?

3 people like this.
  11. El Kabong

El Kabong Senior Member

It may take me a while to reach that level of proficiency with it, definitely a bit of a learning curve... but that is definitely the goal! :cheers:

There are some really beautiful sounding amps and I'm greatly enjoying getting to know each and every one of them!!! :dude:

1 person likes this.
  12. IronWeso

IronWeso Senior Member

I know the feeling! Im only a week ahead of you with the Axe. It's incredible how many amazing amps are in these things!!!:D

2 people like this.
  13. frankv

Duane, It's really great to hear this because as you are well aware I have spent like 6 weeks being a freaking lighthouse about this stuff and its not to hear reports from guys like Ironwaso, pwrmac and seemingly YOU that in fact these tools are incredible..

1 person likes this.
  14. frankv

Iron. Load up Preset 125 Solo88.... Yum

15. El Kabong

El Kabong Senior Member

One of the 3rd Party patch providers has a set called the F-Audio Axe II which includes profiles of the basic amp presets (#00-#41) and several others that come with the Axe II. I wonder how close they come and if there are Fractal patches available of the basic Kemper presets... :hmm:

1 person likes this.
  16. KenG

KenG Senior Member

Wow that front control panel looks "busy" and there's a lot to take in. I'd imagine once you get comfortable with it it'd be OK to work with though. Do these come with a PC/Mac app for remote controlling or programming?
    Good idea starting thread for these, now we need someone to start Helix, Blackstar ID TV, Yamaha, POD HD and any other specific modelling gear threads so the user communities have a place here to share info/patches and discuss the gear!

4 people like this.
  17. IronWeso

IronWeso Senior Member

that or to force their hand with a subforum :naughty:

1 person likes this.
  18. El Kabong

El Kabong Senior Member

Indeed... and I haven't really even begun to scratch the surface with it! :shock: You turn it on with the dial on the left, the tuner is pretty cool and the browser setting lets you 'browse' the various amps stored. Then in the top right corner of the display screen is a browse dial, which lets you scroll through its hundreds of amps. Then there is the volume knob... and that is about as far as I got. So far, all the other knobs and buttons are purely aesthetic... hopefully I will dig a little deeper today, but just browsing through the amps kept me quite happily enthralled for about 10 hours yesterday... now Day 2 begins and I will chip away as much as I can at the mysteries within. :)

1 person likes this.
  19. El Kabong

El Kabong Senior Member

If there is interest in the other modelers, threads not only need to be started, but populated. If there are enough of them, with some serious content, then I'm sure staff will consider if they warrant their own subforum... right now they are pretty much just single amps that are drawing some attention and I understand their hesitation... so I think we really need to get some content happening if we want our own little playground. :dude:

2 people like this.
  20. Steinmetzify

Steinmetzify Banned

Dude, if you haven't already go find the Kemper stuff from Fremen; I use an AxeII and most of his stuff is my basic tones. I have some of the Kemper stuff he's converted and it's awesome. Also, a bud named JerEvil on the forums is a Kemper advocate, and he's profiled his real life Splawn. It rules hard, so grab those too, and HNAD!

2 people like this.