The Group Composition Project

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by frankv, Jan 28, 2016.

The Group Composition Projec

Poll closed Mar 28, 2016.
  1. When do we start. I want in

78.9%
  2. I can't do it for a few reasons

21.1%
  1. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Not my style of head banging... but.. I did give it a shot. More then I can say about some of you chickens.. hahahahah :thumb:

You know me.. Blues, remember.. hahahahah:hmm:

Here ya go. Carol Ann Tusana preset #37 stock with my Mcnaught.

https://app.box.com/s/ui7ebz1p9r2wn96jppqbhp6yg7whjdok

4 people like this.
  2. caljoe

caljoe Senior Member

Sounding good guy's :dude:

2 people like this.
  3. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Are you putting in a track Joey?

4. Pwrmac7600

Pwrmac7600 Premium Member

Frank I gotta tell ya, your recording is getting better and better brother! nice job!

1 person likes this.
  5. frankv

Well that was nice of you to say Mike. Thank you. Since getting the Fractal my practice time has gone off the charts. Being bored is none existent. The vast capabilities available, not only in what I consider the best modeler ever to come along, but the recording interface with my DAW makes this device the best music related item I ever purchased. Because recording is so seemless and easy, I find myself recording all the time. My collection of works in progress grows daily. So it stands to reason with all that practice I do I am bound to get better at it. Even at 57...

In my days of tube amps it was a different story entirely. Bored after 30 or 40 minutes and no desire to get into all the complications that is mics, cables and interfaces you know all too well. Add that to a 2 year old running around and a house full of family and you know well of what I speak.

1 person likes this.
  6. NeubyWanKaneuby

NeubyWanKaneuby Senior Member

Me likey.

I'm in between styles right now. I was focusing on blues scale for leads, but all of my rhythms are a little heavier.

I'm like "blue metal" or something. :laugh2:

1 person likes this.
  7. frankv

The scales used between this rock piece and more Blues type progressions at their base are simular.. It's the phrasing that is completely different. In the rock style clip it's repeating fast licks that you often hear alot of. Blues style leads aren't quite like that. So for me, My base is found in blues. Playing your rock backing track was fun but required me to "work" at it where as a Blues track would have me more on auto pilot. Fingers just going where they go on their own.

8. NeubyWanKaneuby

Makes sense. As long as we're having fun, it's all good.

2 people like this.
  9. frankv

Its more then fun brother. It's training and practice. It forces the player out of his comfort zone in many cases. It does that for me.. I believe you too.

What I can't figure out is why so few take advantage of the opportunity. I would assume that most here are playing modelers with direct record out capabilities. Reaper recording software is free to use on trial.. Even if an audio interface is needed they are not expensive.

I would love to have others join in. Listening to others play a piece is a learning opportunity for everyone. How someone interprets a passage can spur ideas many can learn from. It was this angle that gave this thread great potential.

So far, it has fell way short of that potential.

10. caljoe

caljoe Senior Member

I'm working on it brother, I just don't have a lot of time. Going to try to get some playing in now.

1 person likes this.
  11. frankv

No worries.. I was just wondering how were coming along with that software I sent you... :thumb: I bet pretty good...

12. AmpedUp

AmpedUp Senior Member

Good sounding clips!
    Another day or two and I'll be back in the groove where I can get something posted up.

2 people like this.
  13. NeubyWanKaneuby

Hopefully some more people jump in. I'm going to start winding up my Amplitube 3 and see what I can make with that. I have the Orange amp pack, and I honestly think it might sound better than my GSP.

1 person likes this.
  14. caljoe

caljoe Senior Member

I haven't got anything yet, it's probably sitting in the PO, our PO is pretty bad here, I'll go check it out tomorrow :thumb:

I might have a little tidbit for you, let me see if I remember how to do this :fingersx:

1 person likes this.
  15. frankv

1 person likes this.
  16. frankv

Dude... I uploaded that to you and installed it for you already.. hahahahaha.

You even recorded with it.. hahahahah

1 person likes this.
  17. frankv

Why don't you hook yourself up with Positive Grid Bias..

18. caljoe

caljoe Senior Member

Dude! That sounds really cool, it makes me smile :)

I know, I know, sometimez I'm not very tech savy :wave: And you know how good my internet is :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  19. caljoe

caljoe Senior Member

1 person likes this.
  20. frankv

2 people like this.