The Ebay "Fraudulant" Listing Thread!

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by rockstar232007, Jul 18, 2010.

1. space

space Senior Member

2. Woderwick

Woderwick Senior Member

3. Tardcore

Tardcore Member

anybody who attempts to buy from that seller deserves to get scammed. Obviously not on the level.

4. Alex

Alex Administrator Super Mod Premium Member

5. troyad

troyad Senior Member

6. seanh303

seanh303 Junior Member

Edit: I'm gonna cool the jets and think about this some...perhaps not as bad as I first thought upon discovering this. Basically I bought from a seller that bought used and probably cleaned them up. No big deal, but I feel that his listings were pretty deceptive.
    So here's the deal. I see this auction for an ES-446 that looks pristine, and is described as "New" and "Mint".
    Here's the guitar he had listed:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/MINT-2000-G...=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
    And here's the auction where he got the guitar. The seller that bought the guitar was o***t, some private hidden account.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-Cust...rry-Red-RARE-Mint-Original-Case-/251200462605

And another:
    Original listing that o***t bought the guitar:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/GIBSON-ES-4...=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
    And now the listing where music_garage has it for sale:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-GIBSON...5-/370736770033?pt=Guitar&hash=item5651a22bf1
    Both of these guitars are being sold as "As close to new as you can get" and "Mint". Both of these guitars look super clean, and to be honest, I would have no problem buying them if the seller was honest about what he'd done. I was pretty furious 10 minutes ago...but maybe it's not as bad as I thought....I still feel the listings are pretty deceitful.

7. BillB1960

BillB1960 Senior Member

This is why there are rules on this forum against trashing other parties in a 2 party transaction. Your entire post is absolute bullshit. You're pissed off because you paid too much for a guitar. Cry me a river. The seller obviously makes money from flipping gear. He buys at a good price, cleans them up and resells at a higher price. Welcome to the wonderful world of capitalism. If you don't like the price of the guitar then don't buy it but spare us your whining about paying too much then having buyers remorse. Nobody cares.

Both of those guitars in the original auctions said they were "mint". The original sellers were just too lazy or not smart enough to clean them up before they sold them. The person who bought them cleaned them up and resold them and you bought one. Just pay the man, you bought it. But no you would rather post on this forum about how he's scamming you. What a crock!

1 person likes this.
  8. upl8tr

upl8tr Senior Member

^ Piss-poor attitude you have there, no one ever "deserves to get scammed".
    :rolleyes:

9. upl8tr

upl8tr Senior Member

1 person likes this.
  10. seanh303

seanh303 Junior Member

Yeah I see how it came off that way. It's honestly probably not as bad as I thought...good thing this is a place for oppinions and feedback.

Look man, a guitar that had signatures removed with Acetone is not "New Other". I actually think I could be very happy with the guitar still. Looking at picture #5 of the original listing, it looked like the finish was worn to bare wood, which is why I thought it was refinned, but it actually looks like it was the camera flash.

I have NO problem whatsoever with someone cleaning something up, but why not represent it as such? And why have an account you buy used stuff with, and a seperate one you sell it with? The original listing for the natural finish one clearly states "used" and "NOT mint" due to scratches and checking. Of course that can buff out fine especially in the right hands, but why not say "had some scratches and checking that buffed out great" rather than "as close to new as you can get". You don't see a problem with that?

11. Woderwick

Woderwick Senior Member

Beat me to it, that's what we are here for is n't it, to help each other?

12. BillB1960

BillB1960 Senior Member

No I really don't see any problems with any of the listings. I don't think it's the seller's responsibility to give a whole history of the guitar only the shape it's in now. As long as what shows up on your door is what you expected based on the description and pictures then what do you care? If you didn't know about the earlier sale would you be as pissed off?

13. Woderwick

Woderwick Senior Member

14. dangerdog

dangerdog Senior Member

People buy things for LESS than they sell them for. That is how business works.
    I am sure your grocer has a pretty hefty markup but you aren't protesting him are you?

1 person likes this.
  15. MrGansburg

MrGansburg Senior Member

16. MrGansburg

MrGansburg Senior Member

17. sonsofthedesert

sonsofthedesert Senior Member

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gibson-H...l_Instruments_Instruments&hash=item4d08ffb58a

This seller has this guitar listed in his description as a Braz board R9, even though it is NOT.
    He even had a question posted about the serial number stating it isn't a Braz?:shock:
    If he thought it is then why such a low price for a Braz then?
    Trying to confuse a novice buyer me thinks?
    He has also laughingly stated that Steve Mud.. er Jackson claimed it was braz in 2004?:wow:
    Sent him message about the B.S, hope somebody doesn't get scammed or think they are getting a bargain!

18. truckermde

truckermde Senior Member

I don't see him claiming it is a Braz R9 anywhere. (OK, 1959 Reissue, I see it now...) He says it has a fingerboard made of rosewood which came from Brazil, like some of my guitars. I believe I read they (Gibson) switched to Indian rosewood in general in 1966, but actually Brazilian still showed up intermittantly depending upon supply. Differences are mostly aesthetic, according to the experts, so you can judge for yourself if you are suitably impressed with the grain on this one.

It certainly doesn't look like a fake, but I wouldn't drop $6000AU on anything I couldn't ride around town in.

IMHO, YMMV, FWIW, etc. etc. :wave:

19. sonsofthedesert

sonsofthedesert Senior Member

Handy Gibson Guitars Brazilian Rosewood Guide
    FYI,:fingersx:
    Please read this guide concerning Gibson Historic reissue 2003 Guitars.
    I don't think you are familiar with 2003 Braz board guitars collectability and prices:hmm:

When you read the guitar's ebay description then it is plain to see that the seller is misrepresenting his guitar as one of the Varified/confirmed guitars from Gibson.
    Even though he has been told it isn't and even though the serial number in too high!

"You are bidding on a mint condition 2003 Gibson '59 Flametop reissue
    This is one of the most accurate Flame top copies and features highly flamed AAA carved top, Brazilian rosewood fingerboard,great '59 neck profile and certificate of authenticity.
    Very difficult to find from this period and in this condition."
    FRAUD?:wow:
    "I believe I read they (Gibson) switched to Indian rosewood in general in 1966, but actually Brazilian still showed up intermittantly depending upon supply. "
    I don't know where you read this, however only confirmed/varified information from Gibson will satisfy collectors who are being asked to pay top dollar for Braz boards.:hmm:

20. flier

flier Junior Member