The CANADIAN PAF Pickup Shootout of 2013

Discussion in 'Pickups' started by VastHorizon, Jun 23, 2013.

1. blamo

blamo Senior Member

wow. old thread. I remember when this got started on the Guitars Canada, but don't ever recall seeing the final results.

nice to see 2 Canadians make the top 3.

I have JS Moores in my #1 Les Paul, my Telecaster and my tele deluxe partscaster. I've also had them in my es-339(sold) and 81 Tokai love rock(sold)

I've also had his P90s at one point in my BJA Jr.(sold)

Needless to say, I can say that his pickups are pretty awesome. they have never disappointed me.

I also happen to have a set of Mike Reilander's pickups in my EJ strat and they are amazing. Might have to try his humbuckers one day.

Might have to give ReWind a go some time too....just need to find more guitars to put them in.....

2. cooljuk

cooljuk Transducer Producer Premium Member MLP Vendor

Looks like the new link is down now. Any chance for a fix? :cheers:

3. copperheadroad

copperheadroad Senior Member

I wish I got in on this ...I had a set ready sitting here for almost a month but with no reply I've moved on ( I didn't hear about Vasthorizon's accident )

4. CheopisIV

CheopisIV Copper Slinger MLP Vendor

I dropped that domain a while back when I found there was already a 'Roadhouse Pickups' and didn't want to step on toes. Forgot all about this! I still have Vasthorizon's folder so moved it to my domain and it should work as it used to.

The CANADIAN PAF Pickup Shootout of 2013

5. cooljuk

ALL the likes!

[​IMG]

Dude, thank you SO much.

6. Guitar Rod

Guitar Rod Senior Member

Glad you restored this. I wasn't around to see how it went. Congrats, James!

7. cooljuk

Thanks, Rod! Honestly, I did NOT expect to win that. If I remember right, I even voted for another set, myself (I didn't know which was mine at the time, it was double-blind).

The set that won the shootout was only the 2nd PAF-1 set I built, I believe. I had no idea they would be so popular! Give the real credit to Ted McCarty and Seth Lover. They made the originals a reality. I just put in the time, money and love to reverse engineer some hot 1959 PAFs down to the marrow.