The Blackstar Club!!!

Discussion in 'The Squawk Box' started by GERRYGTR62, Jul 17, 2012.

1. GERRYGTR62

GERRYGTR62 Senior Member

as an owner of 2 sweet Blackstars--the HT40 and HT20, augmented by the HTV112 cabinet---c'mon in and testify about how awesome these great amps are!!!I used to go thru amps like water, so glad I got a stopgap, finally and will like acquire more Blackstars in the future!:thumb:

2. eaglewolf

eaglewolf Senior Member

Well, I haven't had the need for a bigger Blackstar yet, but I enjoy the original HT-5 in a combo version. I love the tones that amp gives me at low volume.

David

3 people like this.
  3. GERRYGTR62

GERRYGTR62 Senior Member

very cool, that's awesome to hear---let's have more testimonials!!!

4. tzd

tzd Senior Member

My HT-1R and HT-408 cab, perfect for bedroom use.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. NRVPaul

NRVPaul Senior Member

I love mine! No need for pedals anymore. Got everything I need from this amp.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. GERRYGTR62

GERRYGTR62 Senior Member

here's mine with my CC & Epi Elite LPC

Attached Files:

7. Mellows

Mellows Junior Member

Artisan 15 here, bought to replace a Hot Rod Deville 212 and haven't looked back since.
    loud enough to keep up with the rest of my seven piece band even on the 5 watt setting.

It has a sweet classic drive when pushed which means with careful use of the guitar's controls I hardly ever need to use my drive pedal anymore

3 people like this.
  8. MidlifeCrisis

MidlifeCrisis Junior Member

I'm getting to know my new HT-5R combo. Big improvement over my Blues Jr. However...

I plugged headphones into the headphone/emulator jack and the speaker was still engaged. I would have expected the speaker to go silent. The user manual doesn't address this: if I want to play through headphones do I need to unplug the speaker?

9. GeeJay

GeeJay Senior Member

Already posted this pic, but since you asked.... :)

[​IMG]

Really enjoying this amp, especially since swapping out the TAD tubes for Harma & Svetlana..

3 people like this.
  10. Comanche

Comanche Senior Member

I'm very happy with the HT-20h and HTV112. I think it sounds especially good for quiet bedroom practice. It has replaced the Egnater Tweaker 15 as my number one choice.
    p.s. I may get a second HTV112 so I have a full bedroom stack.

1 person likes this.
  11. circles

circles Senior Member

I like it. (HT-40 Club) Actually, being 'between bands', it's a bit more than I need, but eventually I will be able to put it to full use.

:naughty:

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  12. foxtrot

foxtrot Senior Member

I have the HT 40 and love it! Great amp, especially for the price. I've been thinking of picking up the extension cab for it.

I can't really say I have many complaints about the amp, maybe could use more bass on the 2nd channel. The gain really improved on the second channel with a V2 preamp tube change.

The reverb is actually pretty good but I'm too in love with my TC HoF pedal to use it.

My Boss OD3 and Muff run well through it (kinda horrible on the boutique voicing though, the Muff anyways).

I'd like to experiment with power tubes but don't have a multimeter. Maybe I'll pick one up sometime soon (haven't biased an amp before and am a tiny bit wary but am pretty confident I can do it without killing myself by doing something stupid like touching a cap or having two hands in there poking around). No real pressing need as I'm happy enough for now. Too bad the 40 isn't self-biasing like the 20 though.

2 people like this.
  13. GeeJay

GeeJay Senior Member

I didn't need to make any adjustment when I changed my power tubes. Found a link on the Blackstar forum with information about biasing the HT-40, will see if I can find it when I get home a bit later..

Here ya go..

http://www.bossgtcentral.com/showth...e-Replacement-and-Amp-Bias-on-Blackstar-HT-40

http://blackstaramps.forumotion.com/t915-ht-40-bias-information

3 people like this.
  14. lucidspoon

lucidspoon Senior Member

My friends' band came to my studio to do some recordings, and I told the guitarist that he could use my Marshall DSL100 if he wanted. He plugged into my Blackstar HT20, played for about 30 seconds, and said, "That's the sound." :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: They play mostly southern metal rock, so it was a good fit for him. Great heavy distortion, and nice cleans.

1 person likes this.
  15. nutsauce

nutsauce Senior Member

I have been looking for a good combo to use at rehearsal for a while now and tried a few different amps, Marshall Class 5, Fender DRRI and a VOX AC15C1. All good sounding amps in their own right although the Fender and Vox are obviously a bit more pricey than the C5. I still just wasn't getting the tone I was looking for. I traded the AC15 on an HT-20 combo several weeks ago and I'm liking it a lot. Don't have a pic of it but here is my HT-5HR with my Ken Jones cab. Great sounding home practice rig.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  16. NashvilleCat

NashvilleCat Senior Member

I have an HT 20 head I've owned for awhile now. I'm very pleased with it overall.
    I play blues and tweak the gain just enough to give me a little warm grit.

1 person likes this.
  17. GERRYGTR62

GERRYGTR62 Senior Member

great to see lots of Blackstar owners here, we need to hear from more!!

18. HellfireLP

HellfireLP Senior Member

I have had the 1 watt head, for home use, for awhile now....rad little amp! I pair it with a Bogner Shiva 1x12 cab, which is ported. It used to fit the Shiva head on top but i sold the head and kept the cab for use with small watt heads. The amp sounds killer! i love it!:)

1 person likes this.
  19. mgenet

mgenet Earth = Cheese Burger Silver Supporter Premium Member

Midlife, all you need to do is keep the Standby Switch off.
    No need to unplug the speaker.

2 people like this.
  20. Comanche

Comanche Senior Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.