The Best a Man Can Get

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by pnuggett, Jan 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malikon

Malikon 말억건 V.I.P. Member

I don't see "outrage", i see men who are tired of having the obvious lectured to them.

Tired of being told that just being a man is a bad thing.

It's all stupid horse-shit.

No one needs to be told these stupid things.

tjbitt, Sledge, pnuggett and 8 others like this.
  2. dave b

dave b Senior Member

Well, maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I just read the entire thread, and then I watched the ad. Maybe I'd feel differently if I had 'just happened' to catch it on TV *, but I felt like I was A. Being preached to, and B. Being targeted by the #MeToo movement. IOW, being lumped in with all the males, and their associated behaviours, that they're pissed off about. Seriously? Me? Dave B?. F*ck You!

* Maybe

3. Les Paul John

Les Paul John Senior Member

The new beard is the Feminist's unshaved armpits.

Dun Ringill, Gtarzan81 and Sp8ctre like this.
  4. Malikon

Malikon 말억건 V.I.P. Member

The implication that women never bully, harass, get violent or sexually harass is pretty amusing.

Not sure when exactly this country experienced such a profound disconnect from reality.

I feel real bad for some of the young men being raised by these single women too. Getting their heads filled with poison.

Sledge, pnuggett, DarthPaul and 7 others like this.
  5. Jewel the Sapphire

Jewel the Sapphire Senior Member

FB_IMG_1547609821611.jpg FB_IMG_1547609783562.jpg FB_IMG_1547609793438.jpg FB_IMG_1547609804741.jpg

The meme world has spoken

tjbitt, pirate19 and SteveGangi like this.
  6. ErictheRed

ErictheRed Senior Member

When I was a teenager and still a virgin, I took a piss in a college bathroom. Right above the urinal was a sign that said "You hold the power to stop rape." It pissed me off.

I think it's the same with this video, but if you feel that way then posting a new thread about it is completely counter productive. Even if no-one outside of MLP ever clicks on it, this (very long, now) thread helps to improve Gilette's standing with search engines. In the end, it helps them get more sales. It's far better to not create or respond to the thread at all if you really want to disapprove.

I can't believe that it's 2019 and so many people don't know how the internet works. But carry on sticking it to the man.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Shred Astaire likes this.
  7. rich85

rich85 Senior Member

Can we just shut off the internet. That would be amazing.

DarthPaul and ErictheRed like this.
  8. defcrew

defcrew Senior Member

Nearly ten pages re this dumbass advert. How about convincing people that the three day consciously nonchalant stubble look that has become de riguere now is goofy and convince folks to shave every day and sell more blades? I mean, you're not going to convince many people to change their shavings habits with a TV ad about razor blades but you'll prob get more change than you will re overall human interaction. You know, while you're saving the world why not sell some product?

9. HeartString

HeartString Non Prominent MBR Premium Member

It's really nothing at all, but the second you even "hint" about deviant male behavior...

10. HeartString

Sure thing whitey :) Just kidding!

11. Crotch

Crotch Support MLP Veterans & Vendors Platinum Supporter Premium Member

Sledge, pnuggett, Dun Ringill and 4 others like this.
  12. HeartString

There was an article last year saying that women loved that stubble and now every man on TV has it. :)

13. Tone deaf

Tone deaf Senior Member

Being lectured to and bitched at for things I haven't done is a material part of why I got divorced.

I'm a man. I have never done most of what men are accused of doing in the ad. It is insulting. However, I have been insulted before and I survived. It doesn't bother me because I expect such behavior from wrong-headed companies. I just ignore it and move on.

For the record, I don't use their sh*tty products. So, I don't really care. I use a double edged safety razor (Merkur and Jagger), Japanese Feather Hi-Stainless blades and Proraso shaving cream.

That said, I will not rush out to patronize companies that accuse me of being a violent, abusive, inattentive misogynist who BBQs angry with my arms folded.

F*ck them, their products and the douche nozzles who thought that this ad was a good idea.

What really pisses me off (as a finance/Wall St. guy) is that management is supposed to do its best to make money for the shareholders. I would guess 80% of Gillette's customers are male. Management just told 50% or more of them to go f*ck themselves. That is to say, management just came out and publicly asked 40% of all their customers to go buy other companies' products. How on God's green earth does that benefit the shareholders (of P&G)?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  14. HeartString

Dun Ringill likes this.
  15. krauley

krauley Member

Especially by a god damnrazor manufacturer!

Dun Ringill likes this.
  16. Tone deaf

Tone deaf Senior Member

Most guys shaving, today, aren't that young.

HeartString likes this.
  17. Tone deaf

Tone deaf Senior Member

That is why I spend my time with women who like me because I am a man. They know that I am a horny old bastard who will respect them and treat them right. It is no surprise that I gravitate towards Latinas. A real Latina would laugh at these half-man wussies. Latinas will never bust your balls for doing something manly. That said, if you do something ghey, they will be on you like a rash.

Once I hit puberty, my primary objective was getting laid. A 'few' years later and one of my primary objectives is still getting laid.

I hunt, I fish, I chop wood, I smoke cigars, I drink booze, I play a little guitar, I dote on my kids, I open doors for ladies and I love women. Is that so bad?

Sledge, pnuggett, DarthPaul and 5 others like this.
  18. Crotch

Crotch Support MLP Veterans & Vendors Platinum Supporter Premium Member

Relying on kids who don't want to work for money and are being conned into thinking everything will be free and we'll all just share the wealth sounds like an awful business plan. Next thing you know Gillette will start buying failing electronics companies :rofl:

efstop, pnuggett, HeartString and 4 others like this.
  19. defcrew

defcrew Senior Member

Yeah, this is largely an American female hang up. I have been working this week for a French woman and she just rolls her eyes about all the people who say they are traumatized by harassment and so forth. Like so many things...so over blown. Does it exist? Sure. Is it worse than ever? Laughable. Get over yourselves. Just like how women say that they don't dress a certain way to please men I think men don't dress (or shave) a certain way to please women. And if they do they need to turn in their main cards. We like each other as men and women.....not that there's anything wrong with that.

HeartString and Tone deaf like this.
  20. Tone deaf

Tone deaf Senior Member

I love a woman with a French accent.

I am at a stage in life where I really don't give a flying f*ck about what other, meaningless people think of me. I have never done social media and honestly don't want other people knowing about what I am doing. The only thing that matters is that I am enjoying doing it.

HeartString and Howard2k like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.