The Amplifire Thread

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by El Kabong, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Pwrmac7600

Pwrmac7600 Premium Member

Just wanted to throw it out there, because there are alot of people out there who attempt to tweak their live tones through headphones at low volume, and then get to a gig and wonder why it sounded so great at home and so bad at the gig.:thumb:

2. El Kabong

El Kabong Senior Member

Anyone updated to the new software yet? Is it worth the effort?

3. NotScott

NotScott Premium Member

I just did it and mentioned it in the other thread. Since I don't use multiple effects, midi and have no use for more footswitches, it is not an earth-shattering upgrade for me. I like the look of the new interface. My only quibble is I can'y figure out how to enter direct values for settings.

4. El Kabong

El Kabong Senior Member

Ah cool... I just read your other post... I'll let you know if I figure out the direct values settings when I install the 'upgrades' later today... hopefully!!! :hmm:

5. El Kabong

El Kabong Senior Member

Updated... quick and painless... new layout looks cool, but none of the new functionality really impacts me at all. Some of the new features look nice though... time will tell...

6. Matty

Matty Senior Member

Downloading now, no new amp models though. Hopefully you can drag and drop presets in the editor now. :hmm:

7. El Kabong

El Kabong Senior Member

No new amps and no drag and drop... :slap:

8. Matty

Matty Senior Member

I might as well not bother then. I'm having trouble anyway, the new editor quits straight away. :sadwave:

9. El Kabong

El Kabong Senior Member

You're not missing much... the only useful things I've found is the ability to position the fx loop to different positions in the chain, a fairly decent sounding clean boost, and an envelope mode.

Still you should be able to upgrade easily. Try running it in admin mode... that might clear some obstacles. :hmm:

10. Matty

Matty Senior Member

I got it done, very pretty editor. After I'm done watching UFC and cricket and drinking beer I'll take it round the block for a spin. :cheers2:

11. El Kabong

El Kabong Senior Member

After you're done drinking beer? OK... I'll pencil you in for the second Thursday after new years...

:naughty:

12. NotScott

NotScott Premium Member

Tweak until it sounds good, drink until it sounds great!:beer:

13. Matty

Matty Senior Member

Damn broken like button. :cheers2:

14. kboman

kboman Senior Member

How's the v4 firmware working for you guys? I've not really had time to update and there's been a couple of issues - some that have been fixed, some they're working on right now. The movable fx loop and added clean boost to the boost block are what interest me the most right now.

15. Brewdude

Brewdude Senior Member

Just downloaded it yesterday and am hoping to get some time to play around with it this weekend, I'll let you know what I think :thumb:

16. Matty

Matty Senior Member

I've had it since it was released. I find it no different apart from the pretty editor. My patches are very simple though. Amp, cab and a touch of reverb.

17. kboman

kboman Senior Member

Cool. Basically it sounds ideal for my needs but I kinda don't want to have to fiddle about too much after an update (we have a two month old: guitar time is close to zero as it is...).

18. El Kabong

El Kabong Senior Member

And it appears the official loooooooooooooooong awaited Amplifire forum/support site is now live... finally a place to exchange presets... hopefully... ;)

19. Matty

Matty Senior Member

20. EooN_PL

EooN_PL Senior Member

Hey guys,
    I'm considering the Amplifire as my home go-to device, replacing my Focusrite Scarlett-BIAS FX-IRs trio.
    Are you guys happy with yours? :) Do you consider it to be a big step-up from BIAS?
    Is it easy to get good sounds to play on your own/along with backing tracks on headphones? (AKG K141 to be precise)?
    I have some experience with IRs so I'm prepared to use those as well.

Thanks!

EDIT: I'm at work but I managed to go a few pages deep into the thread and I can see that you guys said that you got really cool results with headphones. With that said, I'd still appreciate some fresh opinions and comments. Thanks! :)