The 45 day test

Discussion in 'Gibson Les Pauls' started by Rodd, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Rodd

Rodd Junior Member

went to GC today, I have an old POS Hondo acoustic, and the neck is so bad. I’ve been thinking about using my reward points on a new acoustic. Anyway, I bought my LP Standard at the end of June and it was on sale for $500 off, which I would thought was pretty good. So today they have Standard HPs for $1100 off, AND they have Standards for $600 off. So the HP was now less than the Standard, and they had a cobalt fade (my standard is a cobalt burst). My 45 day return ends in 2 days. I just stood there for a minute and thought “nah, I love my standard.” Didn’t even take it down off the wall. They did agree to credit me the $100 though :dude::rofl:. I would’ve kept it anyway. I could have sworn it looked at me funny when I got home though...

Macronaut, endial and Bobby Mahogany like this.
  2. wmachine

wmachine Senior Member

That's the how and why of using the 45 day return. No other way to get results that are that positive.
    No looking back.

3. rjwilson37

rjwilson37 Senior Member

Outstanding, I love my Les Paul Standard T, it is a thing of beauty and plays like a dream with the Slim Taper neck and the compound radius fretboard. Enjoy your Standard T for a lifetime!

Oh... I do have to comment on the HP neck though, since I do have the Studio HP, which also plays like a dream and feels great. I would not kick either out of bed and I'm glad I have the Studio HP, definitely one of the best purchases I have made on a lower priced Gibson Les Paul during the early Black Friday Sale in 2016 on a Sunday. I got $350 off on it and then when they lost my first one during shipping, I got another $100 off when I finally got the 2nd one they shipped.

Gtarzan81 likes this.