The 2017 ReWind Electric Summer Gear Giveaway is ON now! (FREE PICKUPS & MORE)

Discussion in 'Vendor Classifieds' started by cooljuk, Jul 26, 2017.

1. kakerlak

kakerlak Senior Member

I suspect my PRS will just spend another year in its case -- better luck next year, lol!

cooljuk likes this.
  2. B5Erik

B5Erik Senior Member

Ad much as I would have liked to win, I still got some helpful input - and that message at the end was really cool.

Thanks, James!

cooljuk and Guitar Rod like this.
  3. cooljuk

cooljuk Transducer Producer Premium Member MLP Vendor

So, as noted in the end of the video, everyone who submitted an entry gets a $100 discount on a set of pickups/electronics. That way, if you liked the recommendations I made, even if you didn't win, you can still make it happen at a better price than would normally be the case. :cheers:

I have discount codes available for everyone who entered, so please just contact me for the code. They are good for one year from today (expire 10/20/2018).

They don't have to be used for my recommendations (I know people sell/trade their guitars and such) but you do have to at least get a set of (any) 2 pickups to use the code.

Jer likes this.
  4. geetarfreek82

geetarfreek82 Senior Member

Sweet, good job everyone and congratulations to the winners. James, I'll be texting you man

cooljuk likes this.
  5. cooljuk

devnulljp likes this.
  6. scrumm21

scrumm21 Silver Supporter Premium Member

Congrats to the Winners !!.....((must have been asleep..just now saw the Vid of the drawing lol))

I took advantage of the Discount coupon given out to the non-winning entries last time around and hope to do the same again.

Thanks again James for another great 'giveaway' event

cooljuk and kakerlak like this.
  7. devnulljp

devnulljp Senior Member

Wow, thanks! I guess I don't get to say "I never win anything" ever again.
    I'll send you a PM.
    Thank you

cooljuk likes this.
  8. cooljuk

Allright! We're in business now! Got everything I need.

I'll be posting up some nice photos of the prizes here before they ship. Stay tuned.

9. cooljuk

10. cousingrandpa

cousingrandpa Senior Member

So James, I was thinking about what you said about single volume & tone for 2 pickup guitars (I'm a die-hard "4 knobs and a switch" guy) & looked over at my old silvertone that has stacked pots. Do you know of any stacked dual shaft pots that have the proper specs that would work for 2 knob/2 pickup guitars? I ask here because I'm sure I'm not the only one that would be interested.

11. cooljuk

With concentric pots, you're stuck with audio or linear taper, as far as I know. I've had them on some basses over the years and, though they can be handy to dial in a specific sound, I've personally always just hated the feel of them. Not just that the rotation is stiff but that it's very difficult to grab one part or the other and give it alone a quick spin while playing. I don't doubt that it's possible for someone to master that with practice. I just never did. I suppose if you like to dial in a sound and then leave it there for the song, they would be just fine. If you like to adjust the knobs while playing, you may find them very difficult to get along with.

PS - Getting everything wrapped up for photos now. Then shipping time!

cousingrandpa likes this.
  12. cousingrandpa

My Silvertone is a cheap guitar with cheap parts & the knobs are large & ugly but they work well on that guitar, would be an eyesore on better guitars. I was just thinking out loud with that :hmm: & thanks for the quick reply.

PS - I cant wait to make another video for everyone :thumb:

13. cooljuk

Did I keep you guys hanging long enough?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Winners: Keep an eye on your email for the tracking numbers later today or tomorrow as I get these boxed up and on the way to you! :cheers:

Everyone else: contact me for your coupon codes if you want to take advantage of those discounts, now that you are undoubtedly jealous of these awesome rigs! :D

14. kakerlak

kakerlak Senior Member

James, I always love seeing your wiring jobs. That ground braid wrapped around (and tacked to) the pot casings and the Hi-Watt style right angle bends on the tele control plate are so beautifully clean.

cooljuk likes this.
  15. cooljuk

@DotStudio - I know we didn't really talk about a wiring harness for your 335 and you didn't mention any problems or things you didn't like about the stock harness, but when you get into a guitar like that to swap the pickups or some other part of the electronics, it's best to just do it all at once, as it can be a little tricky to fish everything in and out. I wanted to make sure you had good quality pots that would last you a long time, with values matched to the pickups, and a taper that most find useful for the entire range of rotation. ....and I thought some NOS Sprague Black Beauties would be a real nice match for your guitar and new pickups. :D

DotStudio and cousingrandpa like this.
  16. DotStudio

DotStudio Silver Supporter

You truly are the man James! Everything looks amazing! Thank you so much :applause:

I'll be sure to post up some clips once everything is installed :cheers:

cooljuk likes this.
  17. cooljuk

All prizes have shipped! Winners, check your emails/PMs for the tracking numbers.

18. cousingrandpa

My pickups arrived yesterday & this morning I installed the harness & pickups.
    My first impression is that they are works of art, just beautiful pickups & the harness is immaculate, very nice work James.
    Second impression is that they are tone monsters, really a better than perfect fit for this guitar, I don't want to stop playing it. The tone is awesome through all my amps, they are very articulate & dynamic & can cover all the styles I play with no more fuss than a small adjustment here & there with the guitars volume &/or tone nobs. I'm very impressed.
    I will have another video by the end of next weekend.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. DotStudio

DotStudio Silver Supporter

The 335 is currently in the shop getting hot-rodded Rewind style. Can't wait! I'd have installed everything myself on an LP, but I didn't want to bone it up on the semi. I feel like I'm missing a limb :hyper:

cousingrandpa and cooljuk like this.
  20. cooljuk

That's a damn find looking instrument! I'll look forward to hearing it. Thanks for the kind words and offer of a demo!