Thanks to MLPF ( new member check in)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by FLICKOFLASH, Mar 18, 2007.

1. FLICKOFLASH

FLICKOFLASH V.I.P. Member

Glad to see a new forum & wish it well & hope it prospers ;)
    http://www.myspace.com/flickoflash

[​IMG]

oldGNRfan and BOBBO like this.
  2. HolyGrail

HolyGrail V.I.P. Member

Flick, You Rock !
    Down with Tyranny ! I love the smell of Victory !:)

And a Mighty thanks to MLPF !

3. Red Baron

Red Baron Senior Member

Likewise :)

Also nice to see a dedicated Les Paul forum that recognises Epiphone’s and has classified and backstage forums accessible to everyone. :cool:

4. Freddy G

Freddy G V.I.P. Member

Hi fellow MLPF members!
    It's great to be here at this new forum.
    My name is Freddy Gabrsek, I'm a luthier from Canada and needless to say, I love all things Les Paul.
    It sure will be nice to visit a forum that does not have the kind of caustic atmosphere that some other forums seem to develop (no names mentioned)
    I've been working professionally as a luthier for 20 years and I've done just about every kind of repair imaginable not only to Les Pauls but to all stringed instruments. I also build custom instruments....everthing from acoustic steel string guitars to ...you guessed it.... Les Pauls! The reason I mention all this is because I like to help people and pass on knowledge I have gleaned over the years. I'm not here to try selling my wares, I'm already busy as hell and I don't need to mine forums like this for potential customers.
    Looking forward to getting involved with some great LP discussions!:D
    Best Regards,
    Freddy Gabrsek
    Luthier

5. FLICKOFLASH

Great to have you on board & might add you make the tightest neck joint I ever seen & look foward to your future post & Pix !!!

6. Lester

Lester Senior Member

I'm in too!

I haven't spent much time at the "other" Forum recently but what I saw happening disgusted me. Yet another Forum run by people without a clue. Reminds me a lot of the old Soviet administration.

It's good to live (post?) in the free world.

7. HolyGrail

HolyGrail V.I.P. Member

A Bunch of us got kicked off the LPF forum , because we wouldn't
    tolerate a certain FAKE Moderator's Ill manners .
    SO we took our Biz elswhere ! :D

Welcome to All ! :)

8. FLICKOFLASH

All I can say is spread the word :rolleyes: :D

9. Uncle Salty

Uncle Salty Senior Member

Glad to be here,even though im les paul less at the time.:eek:

10. mapleflame

mapleflame Senior Member

Yeah I am kinda burnt out of that other place. I am grateful to the knoledge I have learned from others, but the knowledge that I have learned on my own surpasses a lot of guys tht have been into the vintage stuff a long time, and they can't deal with that. There are great people over there and I like a lot of the members for sure. I think Flick was unfairly treated as HolyGrail. It's Ok for some of the guys to Spam, contradict others, but some just have a beef with certain members. The Historic Makeover thread I believe did the turnaround for me, FlickoFlash and I have an incredible relationship With Dave Johnson outside of his business. yeah weve have had guitars worked on but we see past the business side. we are actually friends that care about his well being. The moderators don't see that going on at the other site. Flick and I have really brought a lot to the table in the improvement of aging, inlays, etc... I will aslo mention Buzz who is incredibly picky of everything, and it's that persistance that pays off.
    I am glad to have another site to share things with as well as see some of your gear and thoughts.:D

11. FLICKOFLASH

Hopfully together we can set the solid ground & have a good foundation ;)

12. HeeBGB

HeeBGB Senior Member

Hi Guys,

I am here on a heads-up of Flick! I live in NJ and I have been playing guitar for almost 30 years. I have been building tube amps for the last 8 or so years. So far my favorite has been a modded JTM45 that I recently sold to a friend to fund another project. I currently own 3 LP's I have a 99 R7, a 50's Junior that was routed within an inch of it's life and brought back to life by Lays Guitar in Ohio. The 3rd is a 53 LP that was converted to a 57 by Mike Lennin at the apprentice shop in the 90's. A previous owner decided to strip all finish off the guitar and sand down the top. So much sanding that I'm not sure if it can be saved. Anyway it is with Dave Johnson right now for restoration/Conversion. If the top can be saved I will make it a GT. If not then a retop and burst is planned.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

13. mapleflame

mapleflame Senior Member

Glad your aboard as a newbee like me. Your going to be happy with Daves work. Can't wait to see your pics

14. HolyGrail

HolyGrail V.I.P. Member

Welcome aboard !

Dave & Dave's work Rock ! :cool:

You're lucky that you didn't send it to those boys in " Deliverance Country " ! :eek:

15. Uncle Salty

Uncle Salty Senior Member

Im Dave,Im glad to be here.I have not been watching and posting to much on the LPF.Ive been sick with crohns disease now im having trouble with my heart,its beating to fast and Ive had to go on medication to slow my heart down.
    The point im trying to make here is I have noticed some outright lies from some of the members.Ive had alot of time being I cant work,so I had time to read back through certain members posts,mostly out of bordom,and at time I was just trying to learn things about les pauls.
    There was a few times when I considered calling them on there bullshit,but I felt like I would be booted off.Im glad that someone has started this forum.Its nice to be able to say paul reed smith,fender,or whatever.I just wanted to get this off my chest.

16. mapleflame

mapleflame Senior Member

Welcome, and look forward to rappin with ya bout Geetars.:D

17. ptate

ptate V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

Very, Very nice work Freddy.

On another note, it's nice to have a relaxing forum to discuss guitars in and not wonder who's going to whinge, whine and claim to be the "messiah" regarding "my" Les Pauls and their intrinsic value.

My personal opinion is that the "Gibson Les Paul" is just that.....A "Gibson Les Paul". They're all different, all have some value and, whether it's a 58, 68, 78, 88 etc.. They are a beautiful, timeless design (except the BFG and those latest painted monstrosities! :D ).

18. bailnout

bailnout Junior Member

Happy to throw my support behind another cool site. Thanks for the tip Flick!

19. Stowburst

Stowburst V.I.P. Member

What was that..? Do tell..

20. AndyC

AndyC Senior Member

Hey Guys. Cool new forum, Flick! I don't know what the hell happened at the LPF, but I'm glad that you are online here and that there is another cool place to talk LPs..