TEZ ™ Custom Guitar Plectrums: { Pick my picks !!!}

Discussion in 'Sponsor Classifieds' started by terence_tez, Dec 11, 2009.

1. coldsteal2

coldsteal2 V.I.P. Member

Awesome picks!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. terence_tez

terence_tez V.I.P. Member

Thanks buddy!Really busy trying to source for materials,so no time to check in here.Made another prototype/template for the acrylic pick,this one with a matte finish.

3. terence_tez

Update.Besides the three standard types of picks,I thought of offering this 'Mystic' pick.Basically,no one will know what its made of.Not even me.I'm just gonna go looking for suitable material and make a pick/picks.It doesn't even have to be bought.If I see something which is really suitable to be made into a pick,I'll do it.Though I think I won't bear to part with picks made like that.:laugh2:

The inspiration comes from the very first pick I've made,the ivory coloured one in my original post.I looked for quite some time,but could'nt find what I want.Then I saw it at a corner of my house.It was my Dad's old shoehorn.And the handle's perfect for what I want to make.I've since refined the design.Will upload pics asap.

Initially,I wanted to make this my selling point and sell all my picks like that,but I thought no one is gonna want to buy they don't know what they are made of.Still,I think the idea is really good and that I could just make that an additional line of picks instead.What do you guys think?Would YOU buy a pick not knowing what it's made of?

One more thing.Just wondering,if I do wanna apply for a patent for my picks in the future,how do I do it?Do I have to pay anything?If I do have to pay,is it gonna be costly?Anyone knows?

4. terence_tez

Anyone?well.I've looked it up,but there are so many clauses and things to take note of.Does anyone know anything about applying for a patent?

5. terence_tez

never mind...

Gonna need a show of hands of whoever are interested in receiving a sample to review.Users of thick picks please,for now.2mm and above.Thanks.

6. HEY!YOU!

HEY!YOU! Banned

Looks like V-Pick to me.
    What's different from Vinnie's?

7. terence_tez

Hi.Firstly,I will not deny that Mr Vinnie's picks influenced my pick making.But so have many others.What I'm offering is not a non-slip pick,some never before seen/used material,neither is it anything revolutionary.I am selling a good old fashioned handmade pick crafted with great love and care,as well as what I have come to understand of what makes a great pick.

However,I do believe mine are different,though not definitely better.All my picks are made with a little 'nib' on the tip.I realized that if done properly,it will not 'catch' the string and cause more friction.Rather,it creates a really nice feel when picking.Also,I don't bevel them equally.The sides that contact the string most is wider for more contact surface.

The shapes are nothing unique,I admit,just shapes I find to be really comfortable in the hands,which I modified from the nicest ones I've played before.My,picks are not unique coz I ingeniously created some totally new design.But so are all the other makers.Well,at least for most of them.

If you look at all the other picks out there in the market,I believe they mostly look similar.What sets them apart are the materials used in making them,their feel and tonal quality and most importantly,how well they are made.IMO at least.A Honda and an Evo9 don't look all that different don't they?An Epi and an original burst?

Please don't get me wrong.AS I've said,I have nothing but the utmost respect for Mr Vinnie.I'm sure to many people,his picks are indeed the best of this world.What I am offering is a product made to the highest quality I can achieve,and I'm just offering others yet another option to choose from,from the uncountable types of picks available today.I make them people who will like them.Simple as that.

For example,most people who are into amp modeling swear by Line6,and to them,nothing beats the X3 live.But believe it or not,I actually returned it a week after purchasing one in exchange for a Zoom G9.Many think I'm stupid.But,hey,I am the one using it,so it should only matter what pleases my ears right?Same logic applied here.Not to sound boastful,but I'm pretty confident that for every 10 die hard V-pick user out there,there has to be at least 1 person who will find my pick better for them.And as long as there is that 1 person,I am contented.And my hard work will be worth it.

BTW,I've bought and used many clear picks way before I heard of V-picks.Though I must say,they are the best I've ever used.Till I decided to make my own by combining the best attributes of the best picks I've played,with a little touch of whatever little knowledge I have of picks,and all the love and care I can give in making them.

Regards,
    Terence

8. terence_tez

Opps.Over-reacted.Read your post in a different tone.Sorry.Lack of sleep man.Been real busy making picks...

9. HEY!YOU!

HEY!YOU! Banned

No sweat bro.
    I just wanted to know what the difference would be from V's

Do you have a sample to try? :naughty:

Best of luck to ya.

10. terence_tez

As a matter of fact,yes!!!I'm looking for 'testers'.You use heavy picks?

11. HEY!YOU!

HEY!YOU! Banned

Yeah, I've got a couple of V's.
    The 'shredder' is the one I use the most but I've modified some of his to my taste.
    Let me know when you want to get some feedback on them. :thumb:

12. terence_tez

PM me your details.Thanks.

13. terence_tez

Oh man,less than 400 views.Gotta admit it's kinda demoralizing...

To all who have taken time to view,reply and support this thread and what I'm doing,I humbly thank you with all my heart.I will push on.

I do have some great news though.My Dad is surprisingly supportive of this.And he has offered to sponsor me the tools I need.Also,He has many contacts and coincidentally,have friends who own businesses dealing in/with plastic/wood/metal,electronics and stuff like that.Which are useful in guitar related work.Also,more importantly,he has a friend in the advertising/printing/laminating business,and thus,own those laser cutter/printer.Shouldn't be a problem if I want to borrow some using time.Dad will be asking for me.

I respect skillful craftmanship,but I have always believed that thaere are some things which are better done with machines.Better precision and consistency.And trust me when I say,IMO,that though the easiest and idiot-proof,rough cutting is the most tedious of all.Especially since I literally have no tools to speak of.Not unless you wanna count the primitive pair of scissors and nail file/sander I.They are however the best I could afford/find.Serves me well man.I will never ever throw them away,my very first pick making companion.Everything else will be done by me,by hand.

Sorry for digressing.OCD sucks...

Now,I have also asked my dad as well to ask the friend in the plastic/raw materials business to arrange for an appointment date so I can go check out his stuff,as well as to ask for some advice.I am so hungry/motivated to learn now man...Anyway.I'm approaching this with an open mind.Basically,all I request for are some materials that are as dense/wear resistant and slippery/smooth when finished as possible.Stay tuned...

14. HEY!YOU!

HEY!YOU! Banned

Don't sweat it man, I remember when Vinnie started slingin' his picks.
    The response was less than stellar.

Hang in there.

15. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Senior Member

I think you're doing a great job so far. You're motivated so that's a BIG plus. You've got love for your own product - another biggy. And the fact that you've made this start with little to no tools/materials shows how dedicated you are. So it's less than 400 views? That's ok. The time to worry is when it's less than 4. You've got people lined up as testers - they're not just going to post in this thread or this forum. Your picks will be exposed to Forums you don't go to, and if they're as good as you say, you'll get even more orders.

You've rolled your snowball down the hill - now let's see how far it goes and how big it gets :fingersx:

16. terence_tez

Thanks man.BTW,I need your address.PM me please.

17. terence_tez

Bro,sent you a PM...

18. FLICKOFLASH

FLICKOFLASH V.I.P. Member

:applause:

19. FLICKOFLASH

FLICKOFLASH V.I.P. Member

[​IMG]Thinking about this design .I would think the edge to the front would determine a right handed or a lefthanded pick. The one shown would be a left handed if I am correct. Cause you would be getting a different attack on the string from a down & up stroke.

20. #1guitarman

#1guitarman Senior Member

DE-duh-deee...double post