Tele's are Beasts!!

Discussion in 'Fender' started by frozenotter, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Mitchey75

Mitchey75 Senior Member

I love my '72 Tele Custom! Although i am not a real Fender guy but there are songs which really have to be played on a Tele :)

Attached Files:

mrfett and LPCollector like this.
  2. Belvedere

Belvedere Senior Member

Sorry for the crappy pic, this is my player... Love it...

Attached Files:

mrfett likes this.
  3. jcsk8

jcsk8 Senior Member

Yes, they are. Great spanking tone, great jazz tone. Durable like a tank.
    Still need one. Had one cheap Squier but didnĀ“t make much, so I sold it.
    Still looking for an oportunity.

4. studio1087

studio1087 Senior Member

[​IMG]

My first guitar in 1975 was a Tele. My second guitar in 1981 was a Les Paul. I attended Les's funeral. I have great love for both guitars.

5. TheWGuitar

TheWGuitar Senior Member

I did a Paulownia tele, and it did turn out ridiculously light! The issue is, it's a little too light. It has neck dive, bigtime. Not a deal if you're playing it, but if you take your hands off, the headstock starts heading for the floor. I think I'm going to try to add some weights to the body to counter the issue a little, but I don't want to make it much heavier because the weight is just great for extended playhing!

I don't have a pic handy, but here's a vid I did of building it...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkQXFMUXGYI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkQXFMUXGYI[/ame]

6. lemmy loud

lemmy loud Senior Member

I had a 75 Tele that was my fiirst guitar. I butchered it up to be a Keith replica not knowing
    better. It weighed a pleasant 40lbs . . . After 40 years, I traded it for a Flying V cuz it was in
    such bad shape and it had bad vibes stuck in the wood. In the meantime, I got a Squier Tele
    Custom with two Duncan p90s, and it totally rocks! For any price, its a great guitar.
    Sounds MONSTER plugged in. Lots of Tele luv, here
    :cheers2:

7. Zoobiedood

Zoobiedood Senior Member

Teles are ergonomic nightmares for me...ha!

8. JackNorth2008

JackNorth2008 Senior Member

9. NHTom

NHTom Senior Member

HI........my name is Tom and I have a telecaster problem..................

Fender American Select Blackwood HH, Fender American Standard, Warmoth custom tele, and ESP Ron Wood Signature tele.

[​IMG]

and the latest one to join the fleet........Fender Custom Shop 63 Reissue
    [​IMG]

I'm just a slab kind of guy..........LP Specials and Teles are my favorites!

NHTom

10. Latearrival

Latearrival Senior Member

Just bought my first Tele (at the age of 55!) a couple of weeks ago! - went through 5 Guitars, but this one is amazing! - lively, resonant, sounds and plays great! - Love it!

[​IMG]

11. les_paul_jd

les_paul_jd Junior Member

IMG_3553.JPG IMG_3559.JPG IMG_3561.JPG Everyone needs a tele in their collection. Just a real simple guitar with loads of tone. I know most people hate on the relics but every time I picked this one up it just felt so good. A brand new well worn in tele. I had to have it.

12. Spiteface

Spiteface Senior Member

I've long held the belief that the Telecaster is EVERY guitarist's secret weapon. Whatever your style of music, there's something the tele can do that makes it worth having one.

SteveGangi and C_Becker like this.
  13. les_paul_jd

les_paul_jd Junior Member

I actually never liked the looks of a tele, that tiny sock looking headstock thing. I picked up a 52 American vintage tele for pretty much pennies. After a few hours I was hooked. The headstock grew on me and now it's one of my favourite guitars.

Walt_T likes this.
  14. LtDave32

LtDave32 Sua Sponte Super Mod Premium Member

I make a lot of them for people. And almost all of them that place orders from me order a Tele with vintage appointments and finish.

If what you want is a simple electric guitar that delivers a ton of bang for the buck, look no further. The Tele is venerable and can do it all.

There's something "spartan" about them, yet they have a ton of their own personality that shines through. They indeed are a guitar with character.

As just about everyone here knows, Jimmy Page of Led Zep did most of his recording on one, especially on the first two albums.

I still run across many who do not know this. Many assume that the burst he's seen with in so many concerts and iconic photos was his go-to axe.

They are quite astonished to learn what it really was behind the scenes. "Stairway? A Tele? Really?" -yeah, really.

15. Guitar Rod

Guitar Rod Senior Member

I haven't been playing my Tele much lately, but I can't imagine being without it. Covers pretty much all the bases.

Spiteface likes this.
  16. PAPADON

PAPADON Member

17. frozenotter

frozenotter Down with the Sickness

Well, it's been a few months for me since I got my first tele and the true appreciation is becoming real. Past the initial stages I find myself in a serious decision making process when it comes to playing the LP or Tele at the gig. I seem to like the tele the same if not slightly more than a LP.. Why? Well the Tele to me:

Sounds better - more tone, much more clarity, much more definition in all toggle positions - each position is extremely useful in its own way.

More comfortable to play - more ergonomic, lighter but still chunky, more access to higher notes.

Don't get me wrong, I still love everything about a LP but I also can't deny that my Tele is beginning to take precidence over them.

LPCollector and Walt_T like this.
  18. Walt_T

Walt_T Senior Member

You nailed what every Tele player knows. Once you learn it, you can squeeze almost anything out of it. A nice mod is a four way switch, gives you both pups in series or parallel.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    frozenotter likes this.
  19. Stevie 202

Stevie 202 Senior Member

Testify, my brothers!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mrfett, SteveGangi, CaptainT and 3 others like this.
  20. ehb

ehb Chief Discombobulator Premium Member