Tele Love

Discussion in 'Fender' started by Howard2k, Jul 12, 2010.

1. KP

KP Senior Member

I did one better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AngryHatter likes this.
  2. coldsteal2

coldsteal2 V.I.P. Member

I just modified my "Keef" Tele that i got from Jonesy
    i had Sheptone Humbucker, but found i wanted more of a
    traditional neck pickup and went with a noiseless tele neck pu.
    I liked the Sheptone allot, and will be using it on my next
    tele probably.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KP likes this.
  3. in2madness

in2madness Senior Member

I have a love hate relationship with Telecasters. My first real American guitar was a Greyburst Tele Custom with rosewood neck. Its long gone but still to the this day the heaviest guitar I have ever owned. I later had a natural one too. A japanese 52 re-issue followed and was frankly a better guitar. Then a American Vintage 52 Re-issue which again was heavy but looked great and sounded ok. Truth is none of these guitars were exceptional in any way and they struggled to get any playing time because I would always prefer a Strat or a Les Paul.
    Then a while back I went shopping for a Tele with a friend. A dealer had just had 90 custom shop guitars delivered that had priviously been used as part of the Custom shops Wall of Colour displays at American shows. We spent several hours going through the 40 or so Telecasters. At the end of that marathon we both picked different guitars as the best of some very good guitars. He picked a copper no-caster relic (1 0f 7 made) and I picked a Burgundy Mist 58 Limited Run heavy relic. Both were very light ash. He bought the copper 51 no caster only discovering afterwards it was one of seven for a very favourable price. I went away and thought about that 58 which was also being offered at a very good price did a bit of research and found the list price on this guitar was $5k with best street price of $4k. I went back the next day and bought the guitar for a lot less. I also picked up a used 56 NOS Strat at the same time so all in all it was a very expensive day. If there is a moral to this story (and I am not sure there is) its, "Don't go shopping with Graham"

My first Tele. A Custom
    [​IMG]

My Am Vintage 52 serial 52608
    [​IMG]
    58 Heavy Relic
    [​IMG]
    And the 51 Copper No-Caster Relic
    [​IMG]

4. Spiteface

Spiteface Senior Member

[​IMG]

Apologies for the bad pic and crumbling artex walls. This is my Baja Tele, which I like for the thick neck. I've come back to this one in a big way because I'm getting into my Fuzzes again, and they just sound better with single coils. I'd like something a bit fuller sounding in it though, as occasionally I find it a bit wiry, but still an awesome guitar. I've also got a Squier Classic Vibe Tele that I'm wondering whether to sell on or trade, or convert into an esquire.

Attached Files:

5. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Senior Member

Cool...I have the same two teles. A CV Squier and a baja.
    It has more sounds than I have been able to use...so far.

6. Leendrix

Leendrix The Cheeky One V.I.P. Member

Two cases of tele GAS:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]