Tele love.Show 'em.

Discussion in 'Fender' started by Sean French, Nov 1, 2007.

1. drkato

drkato Double Platinum Supporter

Here is the rest of my crew...

2014 American Deluxe...

[​IMG]

2016 American Standard w/Channel Bound neck...

[​IMG]

Just finished Franken Tele - 2000 American Series Ash body with 2017 American Elite neck w/ebony fretboard...

[​IMG]

Hoboman, rikko and Malikon like this.
  2. Machine Man

Machine Man Senior Member

3. Malikon

Malikon ジャンプアップ V.I.P. Member

Freaking nice!! :dude:

that's exactly the two kinds of Tele I want. A BSB blackguard with 50's logo, and a Natural blackguard with rosewood board and 50's logo. (though I wouldn't mind an ebony board like yours as long as it doesn't make the guitar even more trebley.)

I'd probably want the 3-barrel compensated bridge (tradition and all),...but man those are nice.

jealous! very cool!

:applause:

drkato likes this.
  4. Duane_the_tub

Duane_the_tub Senior Member

This is "The Hunter," a partscaster extraordinaire that currently holds down the No. 2 spot in my modest quiver of guitars:

telecaster1.jpg

Body is an '02 Fender Golden Anniversary '52 reissue, with a custom neck. Pickups and controls (including a super 5-way switch) were done custom by Kent Armstrong, as his first-ever recreation of the set he wound and wired up in Jimmy Page's tele back when he worked at his dad's shop in Manhattan in the 60s. Here is Kent with this guitar, in his current home shop in Vermont, on the day I went to pick it up:

20170212_120949.jpg

Of course I'm biased, but I firmly believe this is the most badass tele on the planet. Can go from out-of-phase super honk to absolutely incendiary lead and solo tones, and everything in between. I love it.

rikko, The_Nuge, Malikon and 2 others like this.