TC Electronics T2 Reverb has arrived

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by efstop, Sep 27, 2017.

1. efstop

efstop Senior Member

I picked it up at the post office in my local Shoppers Drug Mart because although I was home when Canada Post (supposedly) knocked on the door, I didn't hear anything. I may have been on the balcony getting some air *cough cough*.

Anyway, I brought it home, put in a battery and plugged my LPMM into the M input, and my main amp, the AmPlug into the M output. Stereo ins and outs is the only way to fly.

This is one cool AF pedal. If you're looking for surfy, springy reverb, this is not the pedal for you, unless you make up or download a Toneprint. All settings are mostly experimental, especially Ethereal I and II. The helicopter repeats in EII are cool, but not likely useful for much. However, the rest of the 'verbs (10, plus the two Ethereal) each have something unique in relation to delay and basic design. I think you could use this on your board and skip a delay pedal if you were short of space. I won't be giving up my spring reverb. I can't, actually. It's buried in my mixer.

I'm sure PGS has a video on it that explains it better than I can, but I like it a lot. Shoegaze for days!

Also, I like buying stuff from the US and only paying shipping and exchange.

2. Burst Boy

Burst Boy Senior Member

I have one because I love ethereal type sounds and am always experimenting with those sought of sounds. I decided it sounded great so took the plunge. Although I reckon it still sounds great I'm struggling to put most of the 'verbs in a musical context. I think I need to spend more time with it and maybe tweak some of the settings. The most challenging for me is Reverb V but I stumbled on a disturbing but cool sound that is like tortured souls in the pit of Hell which could be used in some sought of heavy metal tune; this is achieved by using a distortion pedal with the T2.

efstop likes this.