Taos Blue Strat Build, MJT

Discussion in 'Fender' started by guitarflyer, Apr 15, 2017.

1. guitarflyer

guitarflyer Senior Member

Yes i admit it, I have Fender guitars and i lurk over here regularly, here's my latest build, just completed this morning. 7.25 pounds. Fantastic early MIM neck (1992), full to fat C shape, vintage style frets on a 9.5 rad. Sullivan Texas grey bottom PUPS. All other parts genuine Fender American. Plays sweet. Just wanted to share, hope you all likey.

I did all the wiring, but had a malfunction in that the volume pot was acting as a tone pot and would not reduce volume at all. Can you guys guess what i left out of the harness wiring?? The pics show the guard prior to the 'fix'. Hint: volume pot missing something....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Telechamp and Zarg like this.
  2. Zarg

Zarg Senior Member

really nice! great job! I believe the outer lug on the volume pot needs to be grounded

3. blueflamingo

blueflamingo Senior Member

favorite color, if it had a rosewood neck it'd be my perfect strat. good job!

4. Bud Stoner

Bud Stoner Senior Member

Great job! :thumb:

Taos Blue looks amazing on a Strat.

5. Falconbill

Falconbill Premium Member

Awesome looking strat. Who did the relicing on the body? It's very well done, especially how the paint appears to have faded. :thumb:

6. guitarflyer

guitarflyer Senior Member

Thanks all for compliments. MJT did the body, I've bought from them a few times and their work is always just great, and great people/customer service too.

And, yes I forgot to ground the outer lug on the volume pot!

I like rosewood on Stats too but personally speaking think I like maple tone just a little more, it just seems a little warmer and rounder.