Sweetwater GearFest 2016, June 17, 18 - Fort Wayne, IN

Discussion in 'MLP Meets' started by bilbarstow, May 26, 2016.

1. bilbarstow

bilbarstow Premium Member

I've been a few times previously, and it is always fun.

This year, Fri. June 17, and Sat. June 18 (Located in Fort Wayne, IN)

Sweetwater Gearfest 2016

Huge parking area with about 20 or so LARGE tents set up with all forms of musical gear, Demo sessions, "clinic" sessions by known players. Indoor and Outdoor stages and clinic rooms. Food trucks and a cafeteria available. Lots of Giveaway goodies. (Even some big $ items !) Free Re-string job on your Guitar or Bass.

They often have VERY good deals on selected items, as well as decent pricing on most everything that they carry. Meeting with Manufacturer Reps (and often the company owners, etc.) is a very interesting way to experience the gear lust we all have. I've met and talked with Bruce Egnater, Dan Boul (65 Amps), Brian Wampler, Carl Verheyen, Billy Sheehan and several others.

I'll be going on the Friday this year (usually a little smaller crowd on Friday, and I have a commitment for Sat.). If anyone is interested in meeting up, I'd enjoy meeting some new fellow MLP'ers. :wave:

2. GySgtFTL

GySgtFTL Senior Member

I'd like to go but alas it's just too far away. I've been wanting to visit Sweetwater for a while but it'll have t wait til later. Have fun and good luck winning something.

1 person likes this.
  3. DagerOne

DagerOne Senior Member

Sweetwater is just "up the road" from me. If somehow that weekend is open for me, I'd absolutely go.

1 person likes this.
  4. bilbarstow

bilbarstow Premium Member

I wish that there had been someone to meet up with. I bought a guitar, so it was all good. What am I gonna buy next year ???

Still didn't win a g'dang thing though ? How can they give away so much stuff and me not win any of it ? See ya next year !

1 person likes this.