Suhr Badger 18 vs Fractal Badger 18 Emulation

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by nicolasrivera, Jul 20, 2017.

1. nicolasrivera

nicolasrivera Senior Member

Here a test video shot last night compering a Fractal amp to its real counterpart. Hope you enjoy.

Preset included!

Attached Files:

framos, AllTheSound, Liam and 7 others like this.
  2. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Well done, mon ami. I could hear a little difference in some settings. In some, the one amp sounded a little duller or muffled, or less open. NOW, LOL, after you showed which was which at the end, I can extrapolate that the actual amp had that duller, muffled or less open tone sometimes. Ergo, I know I liked the AXE's tone better through the video. Some of the difference I did hear was sounding a little more open and complex, with the actual Suhr sounding a little muffled or duller at times. Recorded volume was a little part of that. Seems like the Suhr was recorded a little lower in volume than the AXE.

nicolasrivera and frankv like this.
  3. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Excellent Nico.. Proving once again that the flexibility and utterly massive collection of amps inside the Fractal (and other units) makes it a no contest. This is something we have been saying for over a year.... and your demo certainly is not a surprise to any of us here.

nicolasrivera likes this.
  4. nicolasrivera

Thanks guys. In the room i could not hear the differences, evident now. I was monitoring considerably loud.

frankv likes this.
  5. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

Nico, is the video sound recorded direct or is that through monitors in the room?

Great demo, well done. :thumb:

I love the Badger, real or virtual. I was playing through the 30 just this AM.

nicolasrivera likes this.
  6. nicolasrivera

Guitar wise you are hearing the direct signal into protools. my voice was captured with my phone.

mdubya likes this.
  7. NotScott

NotScott Silver Supporter Premium Member

That sounds damn good. Great job!

8. AllTheSound

AllTheSound Premium Member

Great stuff Nico! Really shows off the power of modeling and how that long elusive divide has been bridged . I'll add it also shows off just how effective the Suhr reactive load is at retaining the tone and dynamics of a cranked amp. I run my RL pretty much the way you do into the fx loop on my Helix with a Suhr Corso or a Dual Terror and use IR's , sometimes i blend the tube amp through the RL with a modeled amp , works really well. Nice job on the video!

9. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

Thanks for the reply Nico. :thumb:

I heard Highway to Hell on the radio and was thinking how I was nailing the Angus's lead tone with the AX8 earlier today.

10. drew365

drew365 Senior Member

Nice job Nico!!! Is that a mahogany neck on your Tele?

11. ttbit

ttbit Senior Member

Great stuff. I am curious about the neck too? I know I played a couple of Teles with the all rosewood necks. Almost bought one....