~ Stunt Monkey Pedals ~

Discussion in 'Vendor Classifieds' started by CheopisIV, Jul 9, 2011.

1. CheopisIV

CheopisIV Copper Slinger MLP Vendor

Stunt Monkey Pedals

Handcrafted, affordable custom tone!
    www.stuntmonkeypedals.com
    ~~~ Online and Ready to Go ~~~

MLP Forum Member 10% Discount code: MLP10
    [​IMG]
    Follow on Facebook: Facebook Page

Although still tweaking the site, it's fully operational and ready to go!
    (Facebook followers will have another discount code, so be sure to check there too if you're a FB user!)

dickjonesify likes this.
  2. CheopisIV

3. nicolasrivera

nicolasrivera Senior Member

Looks cool, but i have to ask from the point of view of gigs with it, that tube is sticking out very dangerously and its most likely to be hit by you, or someone on stage.:hmm:

4. CheopisIV

Yes, this is a careful person's boost pedal. My first one went to a local musician in a country band and he hasn't had any troubles, but they're a bit older and a lot less thrash, so it's not an issue. I imagine some high energy steamroller type musicians might end up stomping or walking on the tube.

That's actually one of the reasons it's a short run. After my next design I may revisit this pedal and try to squeeze the tube inside, but I might need a bigger enclosure to do it right. I think the biggest part of the charm on the pedal is the glowing tube sticking out the top though, it sounds awesome and just looks cool on a dark stage!

5. jonesy

jonesy GLOBAL WIRING GURU MLP Vendor

Very interesting pedal, nice work! :thumb:

6. CheopisIV

Tone Grenade Promo shot.
    [​IMG]

7. CheopisIV

One month only; two pedals left from the first batch!
    Discount code --> MLP30 <-- is the code to be entered at checkout.

$30 off the purchase of a Tone Grenade! They come with two tubes (one as a backup) and a tube guard installed to protect the tube.

Once these two are sold, the Tone Grenade will be available on a per order basis and the price goes up. Get yourself a killer hand wired true tube boost pedal for some bluesy crunch and fattened natural tones!

Free shipping to US and Canada on these order.

[​IMG]

8. jason_mazzy

jason_mazzy V.I.P. Member

whats the total on this after you put in the code? it is $130 now, and when I enter the code nothing happens.

9. CheopisIV

It's a bit odd, you punch in the code and at checkout it subtracts the $30. Gotta advance a few steps first! Don't worry, it'll ask confirmation and send you to paypal..at least it should!! So $100 CAD shipped is what it should come to on final tally with a bonus tube included.

I was just playing with one on my little Peavey Rage 158 solid state; that amp breaks up early without it and sounds even creamier with it. I also strung 2 together and got some crazy gain out of that... maybe I'll do a double Tone Grenade for a future build...

10. CheopisIV

Okay folks, only 1 left from the first batch, and only one week left to use the $30 off coupon (ends this Friday).

When this one sells or when I unleash the next pedal, the Tone Grenade will go up in price. That's going to be the business model for now; every new release will see the previous pedal go up to standard price. If I sell out of inventory of the first run, the current pedal will go up to the standard price.

I will always have an MLP discount code, but it won't always be this good! Save yourself an additional $30 right now with the code

MLP30

Enter it on checkout and the price will adjust.

[​IMG]

11. CheopisIV

Two new vids.

Tone Grenade with Strat
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALA90_-D4ls"]Stunt Monkey Pedals Tone Grenade - Strat[/ame]

Short clip of Tone grenade with SG. My assistant took the camera and shut it off fairly early during filming.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0lbzHw7xyc]Stunt Monkey Pedals - Tone Grenade 03[/ame]

I still have to get the Blue Yeti fired up, but I think these vids are a bit better soundwise than the first.

12. CheopisIV

And the first sounds of the White Rabbit are up! Please excuse the noodling..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIEpt-GiB4E"]White Rabbit Part 1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1hG3VUiEmw"]White Rabbit Part 2[/ame]

My next pedal is definitely going to be a Talent Booster! :laugh2:

13. bilbarstow

bilbarstow Premium Member

CheopisIV -

Really likeing the White Rabbit - got an estimate of when they will be available for sale ?

And when you get the Talent Booster - well, I'll buy the first three of those :fingersx: (please make them chainable !)

14. CheopisIV

I can't even speculate on timeline, but all I have left is to solder up the boards and drill/finish coat the enclosures as this is the one! I was waiting to figure out exactly what controls I wanted on there before doing the graphics and boxes and after this last plug n play, I figured this is the sound I wanted from this pedal!

15. CheopisIV

16. Hector Arcadius

Hector Arcadius Senior Member

So, THIS is how you keep your prices low: child labour!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

William is very cute and, considering all the stuff around him, he must be very well-behaved. My twin boys (22 months old now) barely let me play guitar! And the pedals must be in their flight case, or else...:D You get the idea...

The Tone Grenade really warmed-up the tone of that SS amp. And it sounded really great with that SG. Too bad William had other plans...:cool:

CheopisIV likes this.
  17. CheopisIV

Haha, he loves nothing as much as the workbench. I often find my tools strewn about the floor as he uses them to 'fix bike', 'fix truck', 'fix wall'. He also loves to take all my cables and patch the pedals and amps together in odd configurations, often in a big heap in the middle of the room.

It's amazing how fast the little ones transition from laying around making cooing sounds to running in circles and taking all your stuff! I have William at 2 1/2 yrs and Sydney at 9 months who's just started crawling... can't imagine the chaos of two year old twins!! :cool:

I have a Blue Yeti and some decent software so I really need to do a mic recording someday soon. The camera has a poor mic, but it sounded a bit better this time than with the first vids. Some good quality headphones help a bit too!

18. CheopisIV

Some promo shots of the completed pedal. Video clips coming soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hector Arcadius likes this.
  19. CheopisIV

Got a few vids up;

Guts...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LDLYEykC1Q"]Stunt Monkey Pedals ~ White Rabbit Guts[/ame]

Telecaster
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrLPobdD468"]Stunt Monkey Pedals ~ White Rabbit + Telecaster w/ Zhangliqun Paul Bunyans[/ame]

SG
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md_2dxehuYk"]Stunt Monkey Pedals ~ White Rabbit + Gibson SG[/ame]

20. Hector Arcadius

Hector Arcadius Senior Member