Still Love My 2014 Epi Trad Pro!

Discussion in 'Epiphone Les Pauls' started by B5Erik, Jul 25, 2017.

1. B5Erik

B5Erik Senior Member

I've had this guitar for a year and a half now, and every time I crack open the case I am stunned by how gorgeous the finish is. The color, the flame - it's beautiful!

And then I plug it in and I'm equally pleased with the sound.

This thing is the perfect guitar for 70's style Hard Rock like Led Zeppelin (I was playing, "Heartbreaker," and it sounded fantastic), KISS, and Thin Lizzy. I imagine that it would sound good playing Blues or Jazz as well - the tone is warm and smooth enough when played clean(er) that you can get outstanding Jazz & Blues tones with it. But turn up the gain a bit and you get that crunch and that bite that makes for a killer Hard Rock tone!

I've got several guitars that were more expensive, but this is right on par with them, overall. It was a phenomenal deal and I'm glad I pulled the trigger!
    Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro 1-27-16 002b.jpg

sasquatch likes this.
  2. howardlo

howardlo Senior Member

I'm sure with you on that! I bought my 2014 honeyburst used a couple years ago off CL. Got it and the Epi HSC for $300.

The previous owner had replaced the stock pickups with Gibson pickups that were too hot for me but had included the stock pickups as well. I swapped the Gibsons for the stock Epi pickups and sold the Gibsons for $100. Bottom line, the 2014 Epi Trad Pro like new and the Epi HSC for $200 out of pocket. Great deal on a great and beautiful guitar.

All the LP I need.

3. stamminen

stamminen Junior Member

I to still own my Epi Traditional Pro i bought from MF STOD for $300. I love the satin back and neck. Didn't think I'd like the bigger neck until i tried a Gibson Tribute T in GC. Wasn't to impressed and thought the neck was very very thin.

4. wmachine

wmachine Senior Member

I understand you completely.
    I have one too and consider it one of my "go to"s. Comfortable, solid, great all around player. EPI had a run of great ones there.
    [​IMG]

5. Petergrifindor

Petergrifindor Senior Member

Those are two insane Epiphones.

6. B5Erik

B5Erik Senior Member

Yeah, the 2014 Desert Bursts were gorgeous. Mine is slightly less red and just a little more brown than the picture shows - mine looks a little more like a Root Beer burst, really, but the picture is somewhat close.

It's a gorgeous guitar and I love it! I was in on that $299 MF Stupid Deal of the Month (the deal lasted at least a week instead of a day, and a lot of people here took advantage of the deal).

The neck isn't as big and rounded as the Trad Pro II's, so I find it a little easier to play. I've got my Lemonburst if I want the big fat neck!

7. Petergrifindor

Petergrifindor Senior Member

Epiphone is a great, great brand of guitars.

I personally like more solid colors on the Epis, because the bursts painting is one of the things were you can clearly see how much they cost. But those two are gorgeus.