Squire classic vibe teles

Discussion in 'Fender' started by Les Paul Newb, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Les Paul Newb

Les Paul Newb Senior Member

I guess this belongs in "Fender", lmk if not.

I'm currently looking at the 50s, and the custom. The 50s is a pine body with maple fb & brass saddles for $399, The custom is double-bound alder with Rosewood fb & ss saddles for $50 more. They also have a thinline model.

What's your experience with these? Are they as great as everyone says on YouTube?

IMG_9680.JPG IMG_9677.JPG IMG_9678.JPG

2. Bobby Mahogany

Bobby Mahogany Senior Member

Been discussed here before.
    Great bang for the buck.

The rosewood FB neck is of a different shape/profile than the maple neck.
    I'm only comfortable with the maple neck profile.
    Try before you buy.

3. slug_maine

slug_maine Senior Member

I had a CV strat, played good, sounded good for the price. Sold it only because of the thick poly finish, just don't like it. Still have 2 teles, a MIM Fender I stripped the finish off and painted and a Squier Standard with a rosewood neck also stripped and painted. I think the Customs are a nice guitar for the money. I like a tele with a rosewood neck.

northernguitarguy likes this.
  4. geddy

geddy Senior Member

I have the butterscotch one. Great guitar although I got it at a great price ''pre-loved" from a retailer. Skinny neck and just comfortable to play. Have to adjust to the significantly lower output from the pickups though.
    I preferred it to the slightly more expensive fender tele.

5. algs911

algs911 Senior Member

I have one as well. I've replaced the PUPs with nicer Tele PUPs. The guitar is now being "decorated" by my 16 yo Son who is very in to art, etc. I cannot wait to see the results. It plays fine, actually! It's my office guitar, travel guitar, "I don't really care" guitar. It's perfect for that!

6. fleahead

fleahead Senior Member

I had a Custom, it was fantastic. Had to sell it to purchase a non-guitar item, but I plan to buy anouther one. You can find them used 250-300. Mine was 275 in mint cond.

Telechamp and slug_maine like this.
  7. kiko

kiko Senior Member

Had one, bang for the buck guitar. A good one can go toe to toe with more expensive fenders. The butterscotch pine is a looker, body easily dents though.

Now you got me gassing for another one! :)

affordablehearing likes this.
  8. charlie chitlins

charlie chitlins Senior Member

The necks are cut to minimize waste, but, because of that, some will be the same as quartersawn.
    Others will have amazing flame.
    Some will be plain jane.
    If you go to a big box store where they have a bunch, you may find one with a neck that looks like it came from Fender's Custom Shop.
    I have a CV neck on my partscaster that not only feels and plays perfectly, but is q-sawn and has the most beautiful 3D grain.
    Yeah...these guitars are amazing values.

9. affordablehearing

affordablehearing Senior Member

I own a CV Tele with maple neck. I am a professional musician (studio/live) and use it in each one of these sessions. It plays and sounds like a tele... and even better than some that or 3x the price. Do not hesitate... they are killer

Telechamp, xland and kiko like this.
  10. Mike_LA

Mike_LA Silver Supporter

I have 3 CVCs, the double bound sunbursts, one at home, one at work and one at my mother's on the other side of the country.

I love them . . . . . . . . . . .

Telechamp likes this.
  11. JSH1970

JSH1970 Senior Member

Had several through here . Some for pickup swaps or rewired and all got an Electrosocket . Me , first electric I recommend to Ma and Pops .

12. xland

xland Senior Member

I own a 50's CV BSB Tele and it doesn't take a back seat to any of my other more expensive guitars. I do not hesitate to recommend owning one.

13. Codazzle

Codazzle Junior Member

I will continue the love for the Classic Vibe series.

I can't comment on the Tele, but I have a CV Strat, and it honestly feels better in my hands than the majority of American Strats, fantastic build quality, and it sounds awesome. As already stated, bang-for-buck is top notch. I should also give you the qualifier that I suck hard, especially considering we have pro musicians chiming in :)

bungle likes this.
  14. Les Paul Newb

Les Paul Newb Senior Member

I decided on the BSB. Ordered from Sam Ash w/ 3 years no interest. It's like $12 a month.

My first T-style guitar. Pups are very low output (especially the neck). I find myself playing it a lot, but I think it's because this is my only guitar without a HSC so it's always sitting out on a stand anyway. I find the neck to be a good size, I wouldn't call it skinny or thin whatsoever. Very comfortable. The solid pine body is heavy, but my main guitar is a LP with no weight relief, so it's only heavy compared to my strat or chambered LP.

I'm definitely keeping it. But still bonding with it.

IMG_9800.JPG IMG_9801.JPG IMG_9802.JPG

Telechamp and rikko like this.
  15. flamesarewicked

flamesarewicked Senior Member

Classic Vibes are really great for the cash. If I had the fire to get a Tele, 60s Classic Vibe all the way.

Telechamp likes this.
  16. rikko

rikko Senior Member

Perfect!

17. Telechamp

Telechamp Senior Member

I've got the CV Custom and the CV50's. Both great guitars.. You can't go wrong with the Classic Vibe Teles.

[​IMG]

Les Paul Newb likes this.
  18. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins Senior Member

I have the CV 60's Strat, got it used off EBay for $225.00 with free shipping. I don't play strats normally but I bought this to get the SRV vibe. Very good inexpensive guitar, plays very good and stays in tune. Screenshot_20180408-194527.jpg

Les Paul Newb likes this.