spotted a Chibson Res Paul at local guitar shop

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Robotchicken09, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Robotchicken09

Robotchicken09 Senior Member

I asked if i could test out this, what ithought was, a gibson les paul when i went to a local guitar shop yesterday. they told me it was fake but i could still play it. i tested it out and it didnt sound that bad really, the paint also looked very nice on it (it was a vintage sunburst). i laid it next to my epi les paul to see any differences and then it was clear. the bridge and tail piece were too high up on it and the tuning and volume knobs where a little off. i asked them if they where selling it and they said no.

i just thought i would let you all know because i know that alot of us are looking into pay less pauls. over all, it didn't play bad, but you could tell it was fake.

let me know if you have any questions

2. Gunner

Gunner CEO Teen Axe Leader V.I.P. Member

I disagree, I dont think a lot of US are looking at payless less pauls at all!!! Most of us think its crap and since there illegal we shouldnt be encouraging anyone to acquire one!!! So please dont let us know anymore about this cow dung. Take a look at the Fake Epiphone Thread and you'll clearly see where most of us stand on this issue. Just a thought.

3. Csharp

Csharp Senior Member

You should have told them to destroy it. It's illegal to even have it in the shop. I wonder if they're just waiting for the right, uninformed customer to come in. They probably won't mention that it's fake then.

4. dennistruckdriver

dennistruckdriver V.I.P. Member

Alert the local arm of the FBI.....SERIOUSLY!
    There may be a REWARD!:applause: