Spartanburg SC Guitar show....

Discussion in 'MLP Meets' started by HardCore Troubadour, Feb 24, 2017.

1. HardCore Troubadour

HardCore Troubadour Senior Member

is next week, I will be there telling lies on Saturday......

any one else going?

2. meatball

meatball Senior Member

I will be there old buddy ,,,Wanna schedule a time to meet and where ?

3. HardCore Troubadour

yep!!

I'll be the ugly guy.....

4. ezstone13

ezstone13 Junior Member

I'm going, bringing my dad also. I've heard the past few years this show is worth checking out, looking forward to it!

5. meatball

meatball Senior Member

I would like to see more vendors there with strings , assessories, picks ,etc . I cant afford the $ 25,000 Les Pauls in glass cases there , heck ,, I feel like I have to pay them just to look at it ,,,,
    Spartanburg show was just OK last year ,, it lost a couple of major sponsors like Gibson ,so I was turned off last year and thought about not going ,but a buddy convinced me to go this year ,, Look forward to seeing Hard Core again this year ... see you there Lee

6. ezstone13

ezstone13 Junior Member

At the Columbia guitar show last year there was a collector with a legit '59 LP. He basically handed it to my dad who was in pure awe for a few minutes. I had the opportunity to hold this holy object but did not feel worthy. All I could think was, "Dear Lord if some jackass bumps into me while holding this guitar and it falls...," feel free to insert any cataclysm verbiage. My rule at shows is, "If I can't afford it, I'm not picking it up."

7. HardCore Troubadour

I agree about the strings and accessories.....used to be a good bit until the last 4-5 years.

the columbia show is no where near as good IMO...there will be a burst or 2, some 56 Black Beauties and 57 GoldTops, guaranteed.

ezstone, feel free to hit me up, I always lke meeting real guitar players....meatball is the real-deal!

meatball likes this.
  8. ezstone13

ezstone13 Junior Member

My dad is a player, I have coworkers who actively gig but I sadly am an aspiring player, complete noob. With two small kids and a spouse who works in my limited bursts of free time I research and learn about MIJ LPs, different tone woods, pickups, tubes, speakers - all the nerdy engineer stuff, which I do love.
    My New Year's resolution is to actually play the nice gear I have, establish new daily habits and MAKE the time. :slash:

9. meatball

meatball Senior Member

AW Schucks !!! Thank you sir ,, But I will be one amongst three thousand other guitar players there in Spartanburg that are a whole lot better than me ..
    Heck , they can play a G chord !!