Spanish Guitar (Tommy Tedesco) to 'Revenge' end credits

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons' started by To Need a Woman, Dec 16, 2016.

1. To Need a Woman

To Need a Woman Senior Member

Stumbled upon this at the end of a movie I recently watched. The main question I have is about a scale that I seemed to come across.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqRwKOxjHjI

At 0:48ish, you can hear the oct, min7 and maj7 being emphasised. I've realised that in a major scale, the same notes would be: 5th, m6 and maj6, and that these notes work quite well altering a major scale to be as: (r, maj2, maj3, 4th, 5th, m6, maj6, oct)

Is there a name for such a scale? Are these notes used more with minor or major keys? I remembered that these notes were also used in this vid at the 0:44 and 1:27 marks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDjzWoCk0tE

Throughout this I also found that it's a bit tricky to know the best way to get the notes. Take 0:45 - I was wondering what way you think he plays it. I use my thumb to mute the a string as soon as I hit the b string.

Also noticed he leaves out the b5 of the chord based on the phrase... is this a common thing?

0:45
    Code:
    --------------------------------
    -----6-8-9-8-6---8-6-------------------
    ---5-----------8-----8-7h8------------
    ---------------------------10-8h9--------------
    -5--------------------------------10/11-8-10--
    -------------------------------------------------

Also, from the 0:52 mark - how do you think he plays it? I tried it like below:
    Code:
    ------------8----------------------
    ---4/6-6/9--8-------------------------------
    -------7/10-8-----------------------
    d-----------------------------------
    Thanks

2. To Need a Woman

To Need a Woman Senior Member

I've just another question about now that I've come back to it and started thinking of it in terms of the chords.

The chords are clearly Cm-Gm-Fm-G. But what chord would you put after that... at the 0:15 mark? I went with a Dm7b5 (xx0564), which seems to work quite well.

And what the very first chord? before it sort of begins? Is it an Fsus2?