Soul Tramp Custom Built Fender Tweed.

Discussion in 'The Squawk Box' started by frankv, Apr 27, 2016.

Did He Really Pick Up A Small Tweed Tube Amp?

Poll closed May 5, 2016.
  1. Yes.. He's smarter then he looks

16 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. No.. He's a modeling boy

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Dolebludger

Dolebludger Premium Member

franky,

Well, I can get direct flights from here to Denver, Phoenix, and Dallas -- and starting this summer to LA. Is there any place in these cities where a player can try out one of these rigs? I think the big problem here is in the area of marketing. Those of us who are open to the idea of having GOOD modeling amp (not some cheap $250 thing) don't know where to go to try one out. I get emails almost daily from Sweetwater, MF, and GC and no mention of these. And no mention when I go to their websites. And further, who would want to invest the required amount of money without personally playing one first? Not me! So, where do we need to go to try one out? BTW, I fairly often fly to Denver and Dallas, and could incorporate an amp "try out" into one of those trips. Especially Dallas.

1 person likes this.
  2. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Premium Member V.I.P. Member

I am sure that someone on this site lives in those cities and might be willing to have you over for a test drive. If you ever come to South Florida I would have to have you over.. Mostly because I would love to see your face as you play the AXE live... it would be priceless. :thumb:

3. Dolebludger

Dolebludger Premium Member

franky,.

We plan to be in Miami Fla overnight on March 28 or 29, 2017 as a stop on our way to a cruise. Does this work?

1 person likes this.
  4. Pwrmac7600

Pwrmac7600 Premium Member

Can't you run the mic into the Axe, and use that as your input interface?

1 person likes this.
  5. Brewdude

Brewdude Senior Member

Dole, Frank could write a PhD in modeling options at this point so I'll defer to him, but I would suggest you first try out the Fender Mustang series, that should be available at any Guitar Center-like store. The software is very straight forward to use and has a pretty easy learning curve if you are not too familiar with modelers or computers in general.

If you think you may be interested in going further with modelers then I would suggest a step up to the Atomic Amplifire as I think it is a little nicer sounding than the Mustang and has more versatility but is still pretty easy to work with. You can purchase/download presets and load them into the software and barely have to mess around with fiddling knobs if you don't want to (though IMO that is half the fun of the technology).

I could be way off base as I've never played one, and I'm sure Frank would be able to walk you through it, but the AxeFX seems like it has many more customization options which may make for a steeper learning curve if you are new to the technology. Just my $0.02....

2 people like this.
  6. Pwrmac7600

Pwrmac7600 Premium Member

You are correct, the AxeFX let's you adjust just about every single component in an amps circuit, BUT as I have said before, just because you can, does not mean you have too. Most of my Axe FX tones are dialed up using just the basic gain, bass, middle, treble, and volume parameters.

1 person likes this.
  7. frankv

I have not even considered if that is possible. I will look into it. :thumb:

8. frankv

Absolutely. The Cruise terminal is about 30 minutes from my house. :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  9. frankv

I have found that Cliff at Fractal has created presets that work right out of the box. . This is not your HD300/500 preset collection. So you are 1000% correct..