Someone explain the GE-7

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by PraXis, Dec 17, 2007.

1. PraXis

PraXis V.I.P. Member

I know EQs are important, but what exactly will getting a GE-7 give me on my current amp (crate gfx 212)?

I'm thinking of bundling this with a SD-1 or tube screamer..

7 bands = confusion for me lol

2. WildeStarr

WildeStarr V.I.P. Member

You can boost or cut different frequencies and there is also an overall level boost control that some guys use for solos. This pedal will give you lots more tone control then the amp itself. EQ pedals are nice, I use an MXR 6 band myself.

3. PraXis

PraXis V.I.P. Member

Oh, ok. Makes sense :)

I won a SD-1 on ebay (31 w/ shipping), and I will be looking to get something like a GE-7 in the future... actually.. I think I'll build myself a pedal board :D

4. PraXis

PraXis V.I.P. Member

I found a used one for 50 +10 shipping (I hate high shipping charges).. that sd-1 is only $2.75 to ship!!

5. LoKi

LoKi V.I.P. Member

GE7 is a good EQ pedal. A little noisy compared to most, but good anyway.

I use mine in 2 ways. On my amps with effects loop, I set the thing to a 'frown' so the mids are pushed slightly up above 0db and everything else is right on 0db *dead center*. I then use the level control to give me enough volume boost for solos.

On my vintage Marshall's *single channel, no loop* I set it to a scooped mids 'smiley face' and cut the level to give me a warm squishy clean tone. It is always the last pedal in the chain for me... Its almost always recommended to put it AFTER your dirt boxes so you can shape the gain stage. I also like it after the effects as well, because some older Chorus pedals add mid range and change your tone considerably.

Eq's are the most versitile pedal in any guitar players arsenal.