Somebody will burn some big money...again

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by Herr Dalbergia, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Herr Dalbergia

Herr Dalbergia Senior Member

https://www.ebay.de/itm/1968-Gibson...462304?hash=item2aa1664be0:g:P9IAAOSwY19ak8FM

Like always....

-only bank wire Transfer possible, so no chance to get your money back, once sent it is gone.
    -very bad German Language, full with mistakes, and kind of google translator terms....
    -located in an area in Germany where you would not expect such a guitar
    -it is not possible to pick her up after the auction is finished, because of business travel appointments blablablab
    -it is not possible to have a look at the guitar, because she is atm located somewhere else...

Perhaps someone here even knows where the pictures have been stolen from
    Does EBay care, no they do not....

2. chasenblues

chasenblues Senior Member

North Carolina?

http://charlotte.freeclassifieds.co.../Musical_Instruments/G0CkzXDS13fcfHZxIyhnZA==

On a side note..
    If the guitar was/is a legit 68..Looking at the pot codes listed, It appears Gibson had 8 yr old Central Lab pots laying around?

Vol#1 1346032,
    Vol#2 1346028,
    Tone#1 1346028,
    Tone#2 1346028.

What are the chances the guitar itself could have been sitting in the factory for 8 yrs partially finished?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  3. Herr Dalbergia

Herr Dalbergia Senior Member

He.......??????? I don’t get it....this guy is asking 2400 bucks? Seems to be the same rip off.....

HardCore Troubadour and Mockbel like this.
  4. tigger

tigger Senior Member

What is wrong with it, if I may ask? Just the fact that it appears to be fictional? (I'd guess $2400 is quite a bargain)

5. chasenblues

chasenblues Senior Member

You asked this at the bottom of your original post,

So i googled searched the image and found the link i posted. That link/sale is almost a yr old and it seems to be still active.

I agree the purchase terms/conditions you posted from the German ebay listing are as fishy/suspicious as hell and i wouldn't bite.

As for the price i'm guessing the $2400 is also making you say its a fake/scam sale?

6. paruwi

paruwi Kraut-Rocker Super Mod Premium Member

They did care......

7. HardCore Troubadour

HardCore Troubadour Senior Member

Can I ask a question here...the link to the classifieds in NC...has anyone ever used that site etc. etc??

I was reading this thread and clicked the link ( I live 40 min. Away from Charlotte NC) after looking I decided to browse the site etc. and started looking at all musical instruments for sale, in Charlotte.

There a 3-4 68-69 Customs for sale for $2400-$2800 or so and one 1955 Goldtop for sale for $3000.

There’s a Budokan for $2200

Hell, I have had a gold mine in my back yard this entire time....I sent emails to buy them all tomorrow!!!

:D

electric head likes this.
  8. Pappy58

Pappy58 Senior Member

Scam City on that site....put in no ZIP, find the same great deal on the same git in three different cities! :squint: