Sold: Fender MIJ Pawn Shop '51 Partscaster w/ Warmoth Roasted Maple neck

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by bossaddict, Jul 12, 2017.

1. bossaddict

bossaddict Premium Member

I love putting these Partscaster projects together, but usually end up moving them out before another can begin.

This one was built around a 2010s, Made in Japan, Fender Pawn Shop '51 string-thru body in blonde finish. These guitars are unique in that they have a Stratocaster body mated to a Telecaster neck and I've retained that theme with this project. I've got it loaded with a Tonerider Generator humbucker pickup in the bridge and a Dimarzio Fast Track 1 in the neck. They both sound great, but I'm pretty blown away with the Fast Track. It really nails the Ritchie Kotzen thing. I've also got a raw nickel pickup cover on the bridge pickup with aged filister screws. The electronics have been modified to have a concentric volume and tone knob, with a 3-way switch for pickup selection.

Most of the hardware has been swapped for aged versions to give it that sort of "VOS" look. I still have some of the unaged original hardware (e.g., bridge, neck plate, strap buttons), which will be included in the sale as well. The body and neck have not been aged other than normal play and are still in great shape.

The neck is a Warmoth roasted maple that I ordered with 6105 stainless steel frets. One of the great things about roasted maple (other than the cool darker look, which was hard to capture in the photos - some look kind of grayish for some reason) is that it doesn't need a finish to protect it. This one is unfinished and feels really smooth in your hand. It has a compound 10-16" radius, so it feels like a modern Fender (or even a Gibson more accurately) in the lower registers for comfortable chording, but more like a high-performance Ibanez/Jackson type guitar in the upper fret region for really easy bending. It also has an asymmetrical contour to the back of the neck (Warmoth's SRV carve). Basically the bass side is fatter than the treble side. It's a really nice and full neck carve - pretty chunky and not thin. The nut width is the standard 1 11/16", it has a 25 1/2" scale, and has 22 frets.

I plays really great and is in very good condition. The stainless steel frets show no signs of wear and are really smooth for bending.

If you're really into the body, but not the neck so much, I'm open to keeping the neck as I really love it. Just send me an offer with that in the message and we can go from there. I would be willing to sell the body for appreciably less without the neck.

Sale includes the unused Warmoth decals if you want to apply them to the headstock.

Overall weight is 7.3 lbs.

I think that pretty much covers it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Looking for $795 PP/shipped.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]