SOLD 1997 Gibson Custom Historic 1956 Les Paul Goldtop

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by '59Fatburst, May 25, 2017.

1. '59Fatburst

'59Fatburst Senior Member

This is a 1997 Gibson Custom & Historic 1956 Les Paul Goldtop reissue. Overall, this one's in nice, clean condition. Outside of some light impressions and swirls, no heavy wear or damage exist. The frets are in good condition with no real appreciable wear. The neck is a chunky "U" shaped profile, not overly large or cumbersome. The rosewood fingerboard is extremely dark and dense, very vintage looking. The tuners have been changed to Govers (not by me). I do not have the originals. The case is also not original but rather a later model Gibson black and white case. Total weight with the Grover tuners is 9.6 lbs. This guitar is very resonant. Tonally, it's everything you could want in a P-90 equipped Les Paul. It's very fat sounding! The bridge pickup is snappy and biting, like a very full sounding Tele. The neck pickup is smooth and warm sounding. The neck position setting has a nice, funky jangle. This guitar plays GREAT with a fairly low action. Playability is very supple and buttery, it practically plays itself. NO COA, COA'S WERE NOT ISSUED BY GIBSON IN 1997. Looking for $2295 shipped and PP'd in the CON US. For trades, I'd consider Fender Custom Shop Strats or Teles. Below is a Photobucket link to more photos;
    http://smg.photobucket.com/user/lightnin1/library/?sort=3&page=1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2017
    rockinlespaul and scott1970 like this.
  2. rockinlespaul

rockinlespaul Recovering Oxblood Addict V.I.P. Member

Great price, glwts!

'59Fatburst likes this.
  3. '59Fatburst

'59Fatburst Senior Member

She gone.

XpensiveWino and rockinlespaul like this.