So who's nerves are on fire?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Mark V Guitars, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Mark V Guitars

Mark V Guitars バナナフライング... MLP Vendor

I'm not referring to daily stressors that make us angry. I've had sciatic issues for some time now, but these last few weeks have been hell. My hands, my feet, my arms and legs....ok, pretty much my whole body. It's making it hard to sleep, focus, do basic stuff.

I used to just go to my doctor and he'd prescribe me a month or two worth of pain medicine, which would break the cycle and I'd be good for some time. Rinse and repeat.

Now I'm dealing with a more severe pain....same areas.

I'm not going to bring up the pain medicine issues we are facing. That's like beating a dead horse.

I am curious what you guys are using to help ameliorate your pain. What works for you? Are there any natural remedies that help? Any advice? My doctor said I have to go to a pain management center....which I did. They told me I need to have tests, have mri's, etc, which are going to run in the thousands....they estimate. I don't have any spare change right now. Next year will be better, but mot right now. So they won't prescribe me anything until I agree to the tests.

But what the holy hell. I'm on fire.

But hey, on a side note, Dan Erlewine started following me on Instagram. That's pretty cool.

Nard, bungle and SFK like this.
  2. THDNUT

THDNUT Senior Member

Sorry to hear it man.

3. James R

James R Premium Member

Have you tried marijuana?
    Serious question.
    You can even get pills that have had all the THC removed.

I had a serious nerve injury a couple years back, the only thing that kept me sane was Mary Jane.

Roberteaux, bungle, parts and 6 others like this.
  4. Olds442

Olds442 Senior Member

cbd

Mark V Guitars and James R like this.
  5. Dun Ringill

Dun Ringill Premium Member

Magnesium and CBD help my neuropathy.

parts, SFK and Mark V Guitars like this.
  6. Mark V Guitars

Yeah, I'm taking cbd oil and thc products. The thc is hit or miss. When it works, I get a good sleep, but then the next night is usually no sleep. So I can't figure it out. I wish there was a way other than the "final answer" to get rid of the pain. It's just so overwhelming. Losing a little more of what sanity I do have left each day. o_O

parts and Dun Ringill like this.
  7. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

Meloxicam 15mg

You need an MRI

I know what I’ve got. Trying to make 65 and fix it on Medicare.

For me the (I call it the torture table) that stretches your back does me a lot of good. Opens up the gaps and calms the nerves.
    No treatments, just the table.

Meloxicam has changed my life with little or no side effects.

Digger, Olds442 and Mark V Guitars like this.
  8. Bobby Mahogany

Bobby Mahogany Senior Member

I had an episode about 5-6 years ago where I could barely walk (with pills).
    If I laid down on the bed my wife had to help me get up.
    Kneeling on the floor same thing.

Someone referred me to a massage therapist ( a real one... :D) and she worked on my thighs and buns
    for an hour and a half. Few days later again and a little bit on the lower back.
    Etc...
    She said that the Psoas muscle that goes from the thighs to the lower back vertebrae
    was being pulled by my thigh muscles that were way too contracted and stuck to the bones.
    After a few treatments I was functional again. Through the years I went back to see her
    whenever I felt the need to and through exercises and small adjustments in the way
    I use my back, I'm now totally back to normal (fingers crossed).

If it's not clear that it's already a disc problem, it might be the Psoas doing its thing.
    Maybe investigate that.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    NewDayHappy and Mark V Guitars like this.
  9. Dun Ringill

Dun Ringill Premium Member

THC for sleep for sure. Some nights can be lightning strikes all night.

10. danohat

danohat Senior Member

You working out and stretching? That will help.

Droog, Nard and Mark V Guitars like this.
  11. Mark V Guitars

Yes. This is a must for me, as I would be stiff as concrete. I appreciate the responses. Please keep them coming. I know I've posted about this before, but it helps to read about your experiences.

Nard and danohat like this.
  12. LtDave32

LtDave32 Sua Sponte Super Mod Premium Member

Mine are.

Someone go ahead and argue with me, so I can crack their noggin.

mdubya likes this.
  13. Duane_the_tub

Duane_the_tub Senior Member

+1 on herb

Red wine? I know it's not for everyone and alcohol is rarely the answer for affecting positive change in your life - but on nights I know I'm gonna be stiff or sore (after a workout, etc.) I will have one glass of red wine an hour or two before bed. It beats the hell out of anything over-the-counter I can take from a pill bottle.

14. Mark V Guitars

I love you. :love:

15. Bigfoot410

Bigfoot410 Premium Member

Tai Chi. It works. I just do the basic leg stuff. Has helped my legs and lower back immensely. Prescribed by Dr. Roberteaux:)

Roberteaux and Mark V Guitars like this.
  16. Mark V Guitars

I'll look into that. I'm also considering yoga, or maybe just going to the local Y and using their pool.

Bigfoot410 and danohat like this.
  17. JonCanfield

JonCanfield Platinum Supporter Premium Member

I use the edibles for my migraines, usually try to stay with the high CBD/low THC, but the THC does help with the sleeping. Not the same as your issue, but a +1 for CBD and pain relief

18. parts

parts Senior Member

Pitcher in college....three discs in lower back..one in neck..other stuff..all right side.
    Cortisone shots have helped along with MM and occasional Vike to sleep..and Advil..exercise
    Diabetic...Neuropathy
    No cutting on me anymore..

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    Mark V Guitars likes this.
  19. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Mr. Pickles loves you. MWAH! ♥ Premium Member

I had a hernia once. I couldn't even walk the pain was so bad. After surgery, they gave me a script for hydrocodone. I asked them if it was addicting. They said that over a long period of use it can become "habit forming". I looked it up on the Web. It's addicting. Then I threw the script and the first bottle in the garbage. I never took one and I never will. My whole body hurts every day, all day long. My advice to myself? Tough crap. That's the way the ball bounces. Things are tough all over. Too bad there, Toots.

I'm not saying anyone should think like me. I'm just saying. I keep hearing infomercials telling me I should buy this product or that pill. "Got acid reflux? You need this". Maybe the acid reflux guy oughta chill on the fried foods and sauce dippers an hour before bed every night, instead of paying $50/bottle for Joe Shmoe's new "Acid Reflux Remover" snake oil. Maybe a diet of cheesuburgers, fries, pizza and beer is what's keeping you up all night. I don't know.

20. redjunior

redjunior Senior Member

Neuropathy here.. Combo high THC and CBD oil, 60 THC to 40 CBD works pretty well for me. But I'll burn a high THC fatty after dinner and maybe one more around 8pm. Helps to keep some sanity in my life, been dealing with this crap since 98 - 99. Going to hospital pain clinic used to help, but around 2015 they stopped the palliative care, thanks to this so-called crisis. Really enjoyed the dependence withdrawal - would not want anyone to go through that. Thank Gawd the people of this state made cannabis legal.

Mark V Guitars and Dun Ringill like this.