So does anyone actually have a Headrush?

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by flats750, Aug 19, 2017.

1. flats750

flats750 Senior Member

I know the negatives that have been discussed to death, but does anyone actually have one that can give us a real world review of it?

2. Sournote

Sournote Senior Member

Reckon that's a No. lol

Rhust likes this.
  3. AmpedUp

AmpedUp Senior Member

4. Rhust

Rhust Senior Member

my thought exactly... I looked into it, and it got no love, even in people that supported eleven rack... I'm thinking:
    a) they "burned" people the first time
    b) their product is on par with a helix LT, which is on paper far superior and has a better backing with yamaha/line 6
    and
    C) they were the ones who showed up late to the party, and no one invited them... helix, fractal, amplifire and kemper have all been on their current generation longer, and have a more mature product.

5. Rhust

Rhust Senior Member

6. Sournote

Sournote Senior Member

Plus Line 6 has "gateway" drugs like the POD's to get people hooked at low cost before moving to the state of the art modelers.

Rhust likes this.
  7. NeubyWanKaneuby

NeubyWanKaneuby Senior Member

Honestly, I haven't even watched a demo for the Headrush.

After getting an Axe, I'd pretty much only spend my money on a Kemper or Helix if I was buying another modeling amp. I had a GSP1101 for a long time, and feel like anything less than a top-end modeler would be a lateral move for me.

Definitely not bashing the lower cost gear, so please don't think that. I'd still be rocking the GSP if Digitech actually kept supporting it and kept making software updates. They abandoned it years ago, but still sold it at full price for the longest time after that.

It was just hard not to move up after listening to all of the Axe clips for like a year, and finally convincing myself to take the plunge. To me, it was worth every penny.

Rhust likes this.
  8. rabidhamster

rabidhamster Senior Member

I have, its a fantastic delay pedal, does a really good tape-echo for its price/size/age, but its amp and speaker modeling leaves absolutely everything to be desired....

[​IMG]

Rhust likes this.