So...apparently I have a Czech Epiphone Korina explorer

Discussion in 'Other Epiphones' started by Gibbydee, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Gibbydee

Gibbydee Junior Member

I've had this guitar for 7 years and didn't even realize it was a Czech made Korina explorer. I've literally found ZERO info about this guitar on the net other than the small Bohemia factory wiki page and from searching these forums and all the info is about the LP, nothing about explorer, I can't even find a picture of another one.. I was thinking of seeing if some of the rumours are true about Czech made explorers and doing a mini disassembly. Mainly looking for no veneer top/back, Gibson style nut truss rod adjustment, or any of the "time capsules" left by the luthiers, as well as check for long neck tenon and try and find some signs of where the hardware was made. I was going to do it just out of curiousity, but if I posted pics of the disassembly, would anyone actually be interested in seeing them? Or is the whole mystique around Czech made epi's gone? Or has somebody else already done this with a Czech explorer so I can save myself the time of ripping it apart?

Attached Files:

2. 07rogersg

07rogersg Senior Member

I'd be very interested in seeing what you find under that neck pickup, may I ask why you are selling it?

3. Gibbydee

Gibbydee Junior Member

must thin out my herd. Have too much lumber kicking around and this thing never gets played. But I figure I'll take it apart first, that might convince me to keep it.

4. 07rogersg

07rogersg Senior Member

Well for what its worth if I lived anywhere near you I'd totally take it off your hands :laugh2: although I've found the best success with Samick models I hear nothing but great things about the Czech builds.

5. 19rick52

19rick52 Junior Member

Some of the Dean guitars were Czech. Might be some info there.

6. Gibbydee

Gibbydee Junior Member

So, took off the truss rod cover and neck pickup. Nothing special under bridge pickup.

Hex nut truss rod adjustment

Thick gauge wiring like all Czech epiphones

Looks about as long a tenon as you can get on this thing.

No veneer, looks solid.

No markings on the pickups what so ever.

Attached Files:

7. Gibbydee

Gibbydee Junior Member

Sorry for the multiple posts, for some reason my photos is giving my upload errors if I have multiple photos.

Attached Files: