"Slash" guitar strap from Plus Top or Gold Top

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by Epiphone, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Epiphone

Epiphone Senior Member

Looking to purchase the guitar strap that comes with the Slash Epiphone Signature guitars as shown below:

[​IMG]

The guy I bought my Plus Top from says he registered but never recieved the package. It's the only thing I'm missing and unfortunately there's nothing I can do to get one as Epiphone will only provide the accessory kit to the original owner.

2. rockin'rolldad

rockin'rolldad Senior Member

dude, I had that exact same problem, and I registered like 10 times. If you contact Gibson directly through their customer service email and give them the Sn and they'll send you the whole gift set.

3. Epiphone

Epiphone Senior Member

I have contacted them directly and they won't send it to me since I'm not the original owner.

I'm waiting to hear back on whether they ever sent one to the original owner or not... If not, I'm hoping they'll send it to me.

4. diceman

diceman V.I.P. Member

A couple of thoughts...

It is a cheap strap.

Your guitar will not likely ever be a hot collectors item - and even if it does, I'm doubting that the strap is going to be a "must have."

I just can't see worrying that much about it...

5. Epiphone

Epiphone Senior Member

All very true - neither the strap or picks will ever be used, but I just want to 'complete the package' so to speak if I can. I can be a bit anal/stupid that way :cool:

I thought I could leave my MIK alone, but I've bought a replacement TRC (Gibson lettering was crooked and bugged me), new pickguard/bracket/switch tip/poker chip, and even went as far as removing the pickup ring screws to polish them since they were rusty. It's a bit of a sickness really LOL

6. diceman

diceman V.I.P. Member

I understand - just trying to give another perspective in case it doesn't work out!

7. dennistruckdriver

dennistruckdriver V.I.P. Member

As you are truly 'anal', in your own words, why'd you buy it without all the accessories?

8. Epiphone

Epiphone Senior Member

I know the chances are slim and none if Gibson won't send me one, but I figure I'd try to track one down if I can :)

I bought it without the accessories for a couple reasons - it was local and I never thought I'd see one pop up around here again (one did come up a couple months later of course, but it did have some minor damage). When I questioned the seller about the package he said that he did register it about a month prior and that he'd pass it on when it arrived.

There's of course the possibilty that he did get it and sold it separately, but being in Canada, I know how these types of promotions sometimes seem to never make it to us.

9. diceman

diceman V.I.P. Member

I remember a lot of people never getting "The Hat" with the first one. That caused a big stir around here. :D

10. Sinmastah

Sinmastah Epi Verification Expert V.I.P. Member

It kinda looks like a belt.

11. diceman

diceman V.I.P. Member

In reality - from what I've gathered around here - Slash uses a really thin leather strap - not one with spikes and buckles. Correct?

12. Epiphone

Epiphone Senior Member

LOL I must have got really ripped if I didn't get the hat either ;)

When I first saw it I thought the same thing about it looking like a belt. The funny part is, I'm sure Slash has never worn a strap even remotely similar to that.

Yup.

13. Jackster

Jackster Senior Member

Um, for one being so anal, you know you're spelling of tobacco is wrong!

14. Epiphone

Epiphone Senior Member

LOL Can you tell I'm not a smoker? Good catch - all fixed up :thumb:

15. ledlover01

ledlover01 Senior Member

its a strap get a new one really

16. Epiphone

Epiphone Senior Member

You can't buy this particular strap as it only came with the kit. I have other straps but, as mentioned, I wanted this one to complete the package.

17. rockin'rolldad

rockin'rolldad Senior Member

why's everyone giving him such a hard time? if he wants the strap so be it. I wanted it and that's why I contacted Gibson directly. The strap honestly wasn't a bad strap.

18. packerac

packerac Senior Member

It actually might be a decent belt. I have a belt like that (and no, I don't deal where I live) and I think I might see if I can somehow use it as a strap.

19. Boritch

Boritch Senior Member

Good for you Epiphone. Embrace your OCD. I hope you get the kit your looking for. :slash:

20. RichardH

RichardH Senior Member

You could just get this one. its the exact same one that Slash uses nowadays.
    Red Monkey

Expensive as hell tho, and they're not "that special". What i mean by that is that its just a regular vintage styled strap, like many guitarists used before him, most prominently, Jimmy Page..

I have a similar strap. Just that i made it out of two leather belts that i nicked off my mom instead. I couldn't bring myself to pay 125 bucks for a strap.

But on the other hand, they are pretty comfortable to wear :)

Buy Dunlop Red Monkey Super Charger Leather Guitar Strap | Guitar & Bass Straps | Musician's Friend
    Here's another strap that's pretty similar, and for a fraction of the price as well. (Just remove that shoulder piece thingy if you want it to look more "authentic".)

[​IMG]
    Jimmy Page sporting a similar type strap back in the days.