Site Changes - Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Front Desk' started by Alex, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Alex

Alex Administrator Super Mod Premium Member

Hello everyone, I've made some changes to the forum like the color theme, logo, avatar/profile picture size modification, and categories. I'm still looking for ways to improve the forum, and if you have any suggestions and want to share them, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Some things I'm working on:

- A gallery for the forum, so that we can all upload and share our lovely Les Paul(s).

- Smilies. More smilies will be added soon. If you have any smilies you'd like to see, please post 'em here.

Thanks. :)

itchybro, ed1996, 3rdstone and 4 others like this.
  2. ptate

ptate V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

How about a technical section for all those extra little bits of knowledge like toggle switches etc?

Historical section specifically for 68-Norlin era guitars. We could all share our info, technical snaps, history etc. (sadly lacking).

3. HolyGrail

HolyGrail V.I.P. Member

Ales ?
    Sex Changes ?
    Maybe it's too early in the morning for me .

Site looks Great. You couldn't have picked a better Modererator .;)

4. FLICKOFLASH

FLICKOFLASH V.I.P. Member

:cool: :rolleyes: Restoration /conversion/ builders /tech shop section :rolleyes: ;)

Joeydego likes this.
  5. thefishingline

thefishingline Senior Member

1. change default setting as to how short a message has to be. I tried with a reply of "Just did" and it said it was too short...that means +1 will never work

2. More responses per page, allow the pages to run longer so we get more viewing per page without going to page 2 etc

6. FLICKOFLASH

My Les Paul Gallery

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members can now view and upload photos at www.mylespaul.com/gallery

Feel free to look around, leave a comment, or upload pictures of your Les Paul guitar. Uploading pictures is easy. Just do the following:

1.) Visit www.mylespaul.com/gallery
    2.) Click on the appropriate category for your picture
    3.) Click on the "Upload Photos" link located on top-right
    4.) Select picture from your computer, enter title for your picture, enter description (optional), and click the "Upload/Submit" button.

Once uploaded, your picture will be viewable to anyone. You will also be presented with the URL to your picture so you can post it anywhere on the web.

you mean we can upload pix from our computer ???:eek: no charge !!! ???

make this it own catagory
    You Rock Alex

7. FLICKOFLASH

most likley we will need a test post zone to test posting pix

8. pinefd

pinefd V.I.P. Member Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Hi, Newbie here.

Just though I'd mention that when I was going into the User CP section, all the headings in blue (against the dark grey background) were very difficult to see and read...at least on my monitor. As I'm writing this, I'm also having difficulty seeing the blue type at the bottom of this screen that says "Post Icons". And there may be more places throughout the site that have this same blue type that's difficult to see.

Otherwise, the site looks great! Keep up the good work, and happy to be aboard!

9. FLICKOFLASH

Thanks Frank sure Alex will look into that ..& very pleased you have joined us . Have one favor to ask :D POST SOME PIX PLEASE !!!! Franks pix are the best.( maybe while your at it post so others Know how to photograph guitars) . & a Less tall guitar & case thread too please :)

10. Alex

I added "The Custom Shop" forum. Let me know if that's what you're looking for.

I changed the maximum displayed posts in a single page from 10 (default) to 30, and changed minimum characters per post from 10 to 1.

Yes, that's correct. I don't believe in charging members to use the site's features. I have already made the gallery its own category. Will work on the testing forum shortly. :)

Hello and welcome! I just changed the color of the headings from blue to light gray. Hope it's easier for you and everyone to see now.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions so far. :D

11. FLICKOFLASH

Thanks Alex the fuse has been lit * long sticks go BoOom...!!!!:p

12. pinefd

pinefd V.I.P. Member Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Thanks, Flick. Nice to be here! Sorry, but won't be able to post much for a few days. I've got a very busy weekend coming up. And funny you mentioned about the photos. I'm finding you can take nice photos, but unless you've got a good monitor, that's calibrated correctly, your photos can look like crap. Or, even worse, your photos might look great on your monitor but look like crap on everyone else's! Anyway, I'll be happy to post some stuff this coming week...and hope they don't look like crap.

Meanwhile, have a nice weekend!

Frank

13. Alex

If you have a MySpace account, you can add your profile here so that it shows below your username. To add your MySpace, do the following:

1.) You need to know your MySpace profile ID. If you sign on your MySpace, it should tell you your MySpace URL. See example below.
    [​IMG]

2.) Go to your User CP and click on "Edit Profile", or click here: www.mylespaul.com/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile

3.) Scroll down to where it says "MySpace Profile", type in your ID, and click "Save Changes." See example below:
    [​IMG]

14. GuitarGal

GuitarGal Senior Member

Thanks Alex! I just did that while ago! :dude:

15. GuitarGal

GuitarGal Senior Member

Alex,

Ive done succeed for add myspace here however how do I add mylespaul to myspace profile?

I put "http://www.mylespaul.com" but the link there won't work. I need your help how do I do it so my friends could click on the link to see mylespaul forum from myspace profile.

Thanks!

16. GuitarGal

GuitarGal Senior Member

I got it and it works! :thumb:

17. FLICKOFLASH

Thanks Alex we now have Headers above each Post bet you didn't even notice:hmm: :cool: :shock: .. Now as we grow maybe my buddy HolyGrail will not get lost & forget what room he is in :rofl: just kidding !!! :cheers:

18. Rock Johnson

Rock Johnson Senior Member

Flick - maybe a section for Custom Shop guitars (non-historics?)

19. Darkburst

Darkburst Senior Member

I don't have any suggestions yet, but let me say... You've done a great job of making this a very cool community driven site. Congrats!

20. FLICKOFLASH

www.myspace.com/mylespaul

The MyLesPaul Myspace provides you free Radio for the workplace or at home & we have added a clock as well :applause: