Single cut MCI 60's neck F/S

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by jamman, Oct 12, 2017.

1. jamman

jamman Premium Member

Made in 2010 . If you know what MCI guitars are ,then you know how good a guitar you get for the price . I've posted this guitar before and no longer have PB account . Pics were not allowed , so I wont press my luck and get a Mod upset . I have seen a few "replicas" posted recently . Go figure .
    PM me if interested in buying 1 of these. I'll PM/Email pics to you.

Old Growth Honduran , BRW (1 of the nicest , darkest I've ever seen) . Neck (Stinger) is .840@ the 1st. It's thinner then a '59 type neck but , not a flat /wide type . Rounded and Little to no shoulders.
    The guitar was used as a tester for posts and pups . So it's got a few dings here and there .But nothing through the finish .

It will have CTS 500K pots installed for it's sale . Caps? , I've got to see what I have on hand . Pups ?? Originally I got the guitar with S. Duncan's , so i you want those I'll install them . BB's 1 &2 if you like . which I have some sets , Still New in the original packaging . Your choice ....
    No PG installed , Other Plastics are all Gibson Historic .

No Trades Please as I'm looking to reduce the Number of guitar I am taking to Brazil .
    3K shipped (standard shipping , USA only because of the BRW as it would be a huge PITA to get a CITES document for this I think) and PP'd .

Please PM me with any questions.

DADGAD likes this.
  2. DADGAD

DADGAD Senior Member

GLWS. Was this the one used for the famous pickup shootout?

jamman likes this.
  3. stephenwz968

stephenwz968 Senior Member

Wow, that is a steal of a price!

jamman likes this.
  4. jamman

jamman Premium Member

Thanks DADGAD , No it wasn't . I sold that 1 a few years back . With it's '59 neck size , I got tired with a (for me)big neck)
    Agree , But I priced it to move ~ asap .
    I can't say about how MCI guitars are now as it's been years since I've had 1 in hand , But the 1's from the time period of this are ,imo ,excellent buys. I'll regret parting with it , but it's not realistic to take all my guitars to Brazil ... So , Someone will get some very nice guitars at imo very good prices .... This is 1

Bump it up . Any offers ??? Reasonable offers ???? :lol:

5. RAG7890

RAG7890 Premium Member

GLWS Jeff. :)

Cheers, Rudi

jamman likes this.
  6. jamman

jamman Premium Member

Thanks Rudi

Best deal on an MCI (IMO) you may see in a long time ....
    I just took neck measurements for a member who PM'ed me , so here they are for everybody .
    @ the 1st. .844" and @ the 12th. .940"
    Has 6/6 Nylon Nut (blank bought from Bartlett) and Correct Inlays( I don't recall which, after 7 years,either DJ or HM inlays) bought from MGL . Tuners are Gibson Double Rings(like new) I bought from a member here a while back . Phili Luthier Reflectors , IMO best reflectors out there( for the price)
    Braided wire is Vintage correct the I bought with James from ReWind Pups years ago .

7. jamman

jamman Premium Member

Bump it up , thinking about making an Offer ??? 1 in already in But ,,, I'd like others . Don't want Pups , I'll do that to . This is STEAL a guitar Price ...
    Or maybe your waiting for another of mine to be posted ???
    PM me , I may just move it out ... I'd like to move 3-4-5 Before I send them to Brazil ...
    I have less room there ...So ,,,, Once they go , that's it .... Never coming back . I'll be fine having all of them . Wifey ???? Not so much :laugh2:

If You've been thinking of getting an TM Aged & Sig. Beano(best deal you'll ever get on 1 of these . Send an actiive link and I'll beat that price) , (maybe a 2003 Stinger, Maybe) A 2008 Longhorn DC Gibson(Blue) Sentimental guitar for me, I'll explain in a PM . and others I'm considering .... A V3 50th. Anni R0 ??? Prices have gone up for these ... Not mine ....

ASK

8. Test for echo

Test for echo Junior Member

sending pm

9. jamman

jamman Premium Member

Got It , and replied Thanks for asking ....:thumb:

10. jamman

jamman Premium Member

Offers are coming in (2 so far) and If your thinking about this 1 ,,,
    Don't wait , as it will be gone ,,,very soon ....
    So here's your chance to get it .... :Ohno:

:run:

:wave:

11. jamman

jamman Premium Member

It's ON Hold NOW , to be sold shortly ..So ,,Congrats to the possible new owner ... :thumbs::cool2:
    Great deal was had ,
    Soon,,,,,

Next batter up ...

:Ohno:What will it Be ?????

:photos:

:bowdown

:naughty:

RAG7890 likes this.
  12. jamman

jamman Premium Member

SOLD .....Thanks to the buyer for a great easy transaction :cheers::thumbs:

DADGAD likes this.
  13. thor72

thor72 Junior Member

mci old growth les paul.jpg I've been thinking about buying this one from MCI. It's made from all old growth Honduran Mahogany, BRW and Eastern Maple. Haven't been able to find much information on these guitars or builder. What I do find seems to be conflicting. What kind of market is out there for reps. I know the "Max" guitars fetch a shinny dime how do these stack up in comparison?

14. jamman

jamman Premium Member

Welcome to the Forum :cheers:

Everything Depends on the buyer and what they are looking for . The bigger Well known builders , cost more , but from what I've read/heard have a faithful following . Some Swear by them .
    I can't speculate about the above guitar having no info about it other then what you've posted .
    Once you have a few more posts ,PM me .
    As far as compared to a known MAX made guitar , I can't say . never played a MAX build LP or any other of his .
    But the older MCI builds , imo are a good value for the $$$ .

Look around in the, IIRC ,"other" section for those who deal with These types of builds to get more info .
    Lots of info here on MLP . Finding it can be a part time job ,sometimes .:shock:
    :laugh2: