Silencerco threaded barrel for Glock 26 arrived.

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by 45WinMag, Jan 11, 2017.

1. 45WinMag

45WinMag Senior Member

My Silencerco threaded barrel for the Glock 26 arrived today. Fit was really tight, had to work the slide back and forth for a while before the action smoothed out. Will probably need a few hundred rounds to break in properly. Very pleased with the quality of the barrel. This is the Glock 26 with a Thompson Machine Poseidon 9mm suppressor.

[​IMG]

Surprisingly, it holsters in my Galco SOB. The rounded ends of the Poseidon suppressor make drawing and holstering easy. Not much bigger than a full-size 1911.

[​IMG]

2. Who

Who are you? Who who who who.... Premium Member

I wish I lived in a free state.

3. 45WinMag

45WinMag Senior Member

It's actually legal for me to carry it like that (suppressor attached).

4. Who

Who are you? Who who who who.... Premium Member

Not in my America.

In NY, you can get a permit that allows carry in almost every other state (get a Florida or Utah permit). But there are no states that are allowed reciprocity with NY.

And we can forget about having 8 rounds in a mag, or having a suppressor.

5. 45WinMag

45WinMag Senior Member

The Poseidon is a really small specialty suppressor. It isn't built for maximum db reduction, it's built to avoid hearing damage. It's small, lightweight, has a single baffle, and uses a neoprene front wipe. One advantage to the front wipe is being able to carry the can "wet" without the medium running out the front of the suppressor. I use wire pulling gel instead of water.

6. FennRx

FennRx Senior Member

I am crossing my fingers that suppressors get removed from the NFA registry

7. 45WinMag

45WinMag Senior Member

It's looking likely. There's also no reason for short-barreled rifles and shotguns to be regulated. The NFA was originally going to include handguns, but they were removed at the last minute because it was going to kill the bill. The reason SBRs and SBSs were regulated was to prevent people from circumventing the handgun restrictions by attaching a small "stock" to a handgun or by shortening a rifle or shotgun to pistol dimensions. When handguns were removed from the proposed legislation, there was no reason for restriction of rifle or shotgun size, but they just didn't bother to take them off too.

8. PraXis

PraXis V.I.P. Member

The NFA should be abolished entirely as well as any other infringement.

9. FennRx

FennRx Senior Member

"Didn't bother"

Uh huh:laugh2:

10. CRobbins

CRobbins Premium Member

11. 45WinMag

45WinMag Senior Member

A lot of people assume things are illegal that really aren't. I blame television cop shows. People see detectives talking about the law in NY or LA and think those laws are the norm. Most of the rest of the country has no gun registration whatsoever (unless you want something covered by Federal NFA regulations). In most places, if you're willing to do the Federal NFA paperwork, you can own silencers, machineguns, grenade launchers, artillery, tanks with live cannon, etc. The only real PITA is that if you want a machinegun, you have to buy one that was on the Federal registry before the cutoff in 1986, so they are expensive.

12. CRobbins

CRobbins Premium Member

Yeah things here in California getting bad. A bunch of new regs were just passed in the Nov. election...:shock:

13. Bluesky

Bluesky Premium Member

It will be a "New Country" shortly. Stats show gun free zones, states have actually MORE gun violence then places that are legally armed. I wouldnt hold my breath for bigger urban Areas like NYC , Cali, But Illinois might be up for serious change as they lead the country in gun violence despite being a gun free zone.

14. Tone deaf

Tone deaf Senior Member

I'd be willing to bet that a lot of LEOs wouldn't be aware of that fact. I would expect to be stopped and questioned (at the very least) if anyone got a good look at that bad boy on your hip.

15. FennRx

FennRx Senior Member

If you can't hear the gun shots, how do you know when a shooter is coming?

16. 45WinMag

45WinMag Senior Member

I don't intend to let them get a good look. I'm accustomed to carrying a full-size 1911 in cooler weather. This is easy to cover up. I carry small-of-back, so it isn't like I've got a suppressor hanging down my leg. It's canted at an angle across my belt. It's quite a bit smaller than my LAR Grizzly, and I carried that monstrosity a few times right after I bought it.

Also, the average person wandering around probably can't even tell there's a can on it with it holstered.

17. KP11520

KP11520 Senior Member

On Long Island, you need to have a provable, VERY convincing story for a CCW permit. Along with that limited magazine and no suppressors of any kind. But isn't that suppression? :hmm:

Good thing the criminals don't pay attention to the laws. :shock::confused::shock:

18. scott1970

scott1970 Senior Member

PraXis for the win. I 100% agree with him.

19. OldBenKenobi

OldBenKenobi Senior Member

Hell I wish I lived in a free country.

20. defcrew

defcrew Senior Member

Don't want to come off as anti gun because I am not. I own long and short guns. But serious question here...why do you want a silencer and why would you want one on a concealed carry gun?