~ Sigil Pickups ~

Discussion in 'Vendor Classifieds' started by CheopisIV, May 15, 2014.

1. CheopisIV

CheopisIV Copper Slinger MLP Vendor

Now that I'm into regular production, I'll be announcing new winds in this thread.
    PRICING is set at $220 CAD shipped to Canada/US with free covers and rings for this next batch! Regularly priced at $250 for covered sets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Currently available in Zebra, Double Black and Double Aged White. I have more Cream bobbins coming so will add that option when they arrive.
    [​IMG]

Rings and covers are included with every set, Raw Nickel or Polished Nickel and Rings in Cream only. The cream matches the Cream bobbins.

Raw:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Polished: (fork not included)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rings:
    [​IMG]

Current Winds:
    Bluesman Handwound Set:
    - PAF Inspired voice; medium output
    - Sand cast A4 Magnets
    - 42 AWG Plain Enamel wire
    - vintage braided hookup wire
    - 7.7k Neck / 8.2k Bridge
    - no potting

Some Reviews: Caretaker : Steinmetzify : pablofunk

I offer a 30 day return policy; if you don't like them, send them back for a refund or exchange.

The original Launch Thread has more partial reviews and info if anyone wants to look.

4 people like this.
  2. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

Good luck, Dave! My pups all sound good, but I'm always looking for cheap guitars to upgrade! Perhaps, one day I will know your tone.

Cheers!

1 person likes this.
  3. CheopisIV

Doing final tweaks on two new sets, two more completely new takes on different realms of music.

The Skydancer set is a modern wind for the 80's metal/hard rock of my youth. G'N'R, Nazareth, Ratt, Cinderella, Van Halen and Gary Moore's more aggressive side.

The Berserker set is even more modern and heavy, aiming at the 'Wylde' side of things but no batteries needed! Think Pantera, Carcass, and of course, Black Label Society!

More to come when final tests are concluded. :dude:

1 person likes this.
  4. CheopisIV

Cream slug and screw bobbins are here and I've finalized two more winds;
    [​IMG]

Skydancers
    80's rock inspired; G'N'R, Ratt, Cinderella, AC/DC, KISS
    - A2 Magnets
    - Modern wind and coil pattern
    - vintage braided hookup wire (4 conductor optional)
    - ~7.7k Neck / ~8.4k Bridge

Get ready to shake your hair out, squeeze into those leathers and rock the arena! Power ballads, tight pants and power chords unite for a wall of sound unmatched by any other era of music. Were talking about pure energy and hedonism, parties that went on for days and groupies en masse! That swaying wall of lighters and pile of bras on the stage is for you.
    [​IMG]

Berserkers
    Hard Rock/Metal inspired; Metallica, BLS, Sabbath, Pantera
    - A5 Magnets
    - Modern wind and coil pattern
    - vintage braided hookup wire (4 conductor optional)
    - ~8.1k Neck / ~10.2k Bridge

Heavy, aggressive decapitators of the weak. The Berserkers can play nice with your guitar knobs dialed down but they love a high dose of volume and gain. They're clear and angry, persistent and will be heard when they speak. Get ready to swing your battle axe with wicked intentions and crush anything that gets in your way. Power pop boy bands will quiver as you walk by; you are the Berserker. Time to get Wylde!
    [​IMG]

Bobbins can be Aged White, Cream, Black or any combo of the three.

Aged White and Black
    [​IMG]

Shiny or Raw nickel covers and cream rings currently provided free with each set for MLP members. Pricing is currently $220 CAD shipped. (~$200 USD depending on exchange)

5. Caretaker

Caretaker Premium Member

Best of luck. My pickups sound great.

1 person likes this.
  6. JCarno

JCarno Senior Member

Any sound clips of the last 2 sets? Specifically in an SG through a Marshall JCM 800 or DSL 50.? Thanks!!

1 person likes this.
  7. CheopisIV

I'm just playing around with a Scarlett 18i6, got a clip of the Blueman set with a bit of reverb added. My recording skills are less than stellar but I'll see if I can do up something with the other two sets.

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/sigil-pickups/bluesman-jam[/SC]

1 person likes this.
  8. Steinmetzify

Steinmetzify Banned

Wish we lived closer; I'd demo the hell out of the Berserkers for you Dave. Got a NGD today and it shows with EMGs. If they're lame I'll be in touch for those.

3 people like this.
  9. Eternal Scar

Eternal Scar Senior Member

I would like to hear these also I might need some new pickups in the R8

1 person likes this.
  10. CheopisIV

Berserkers

Quicky crunchy Rhythm type stuff
    [SC]https://soundcloud.com/sigil-pickups/berserkers1[/SC]

More in the way of lead.
    [SC]https://soundcloud.com/sigil-pickups/berserkers2[/SC]

1 person likes this.
  11. CheopisIV

We've been without internet for the past 3 days so I've been absent aside from checking PMs and emails by phone... I hate typoing on the tiny screen so minimize the posting for fear of seeming inebriated!

I've been busy trying new winding patterns/styles/techniques with mixed results and will have some new stuff soon, including some Tele pickups that are currently getting most my love. I also broke out the ESP V with Hellhounds after a few weeks of not touching them and they still kick ass so they'll be added to the production list soon as well.

1 person likes this.
  12. CheopisIV

Not an official product yet but here's a sneak peek at a soon to be addition to the available pickups. I lucked out on the first try and they sound pretty damn sweet! They're wound to 50's specs but I used A3 magnets and took a few liberties on the build to insure better reliability. I did have some flange warping from the tension but got a feel for that and was able to tame things down!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've also nailed down another bucker wind to emulate the tone of another of my guitar heroes from what I consider to be his best era. My previous Bluesman winds are now going to be the "Bluesman: Chicago 68" set and the new ones will be my "Bluesman: London 66" set... maybe... not so sure on the naming yet :)

1 person likes this.
  13. J-Dizzle

J-Dizzle Senior Member

Are the Skydancers & Beserkers wax potted?

Also any sound clips of the Skydancers?

14. CheopisIV

I don't wax pot anything unless it's requested; I haven't had any issues with feedback on any of my sets. I'll see if I can get some better clips this weekend! :)

15. CheopisIV

Haven't had much time to try to record anything so I apologize. I've also been fairly tied up and unable to wind anything but the current stuff (ie: little testing or room for new direction) but my current obsession and hunt is to find the 'Peter Green OOP' sound. I find that most pickups just don't cut it with the magnet flip but I've found some pretty solid ideas to start from when I can.