Sigil Pickups ~ 2016

Discussion in 'Vendor Classifieds' started by CheopisIV, May 22, 2016.

1. CheopisIV

CheopisIV Copper Slinger MLP Vendor

I've been away from the forums a fair bit; I have others things to do rather than spam sales pitches all over the place but rest assured that my pickups are still being made and sent out as ordered. I'm also still playing around and experimenting on things that I've never seen done before with mixed results. A new set of buckers is in the bag that will be a fair venture out of the box for myself and a lot of others. More on those at a later time.

One significant change in Sigil land; I keep track of demographics and over 90% of my pickup and 3D print product sales are to the USA so I've reverted my main website to USD from CAD to make things easier for the most frequent parties. People here seemed to get the difference (you guys is smart!) but I was explaining the whole price conversion thing far too often in the circles where I sell the printed stuff. This is easier for me and them :)

I've also purposefully slowed the process back down to where I want it to be. For a while I was trying to make my pickups faster, more streamlined in the name of numbers but I don't like that. I'm now back to focusing on each set one at a time instead of multiple builds at once and guitar testing every set in my 03 Standard. This is part of where I started and needs to be in place for me to be happy sending my stuff out to others. It may cause slight delays in the process, but I value having everything perfectly in place for every pickup that leaves my hands.

That said, my turnaround is still 3-5 days from order to shipment depending on what's happening around here so it's not like I'm taking weeks/months/etc to get pickups out the door. That will never happen! Each set takes a minimum of 2 days to build and test as things need to settle in place once the initial build is done. If I built in bulk it wouldn't be an issue as I'd have things on the shelf for periods of time but I prefer to build each set as ordered when ordered. I'd make more money the other way I'm sure. :laugh2:

I just want to say thanks to everyone who has been along for the ride so far!

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  2. VictorB

VictorB Formerly LZF Super Mod

Nice looking pickups!

1 person likes this.
  3. CheopisIV

Thanks! These are actually shots of my prototype 'Georgia Bootleg' pickups but really, the pics apply to anything.

Currently they're on my bench but I put them in my 03 Standard test guitar whenever I'm done testing a customer's set or new wind. They'll take up permanent residence if I ever step away from the winder. :thumb:

4. CheopisIV

Forum member Mark V Guitars asked me for some pics of my setup; figured a video would be better!

This is the Geo and a quick tour of the mess that is my office. I also run RaptorFPV (Quadcopter/Drone Racing stuff) and Stunt Monkey Pedals from here although haven't built a pedal for quite some time.

I blame the kitty for the dumped bag of plastic parts; the rest is on me...

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  5. Mark V Guitars

Mark V Guitars バナナフライング... MLP Vendor

Nice vid! Thanks for sharing...

6. Guitar Rod

Guitar Rod Senior Member

Very cool vid and setup.

7. Eternal Scar

Eternal Scar Senior Member

I couldn't be happier with my Sigil pickups!

8. J-Dizzle

J-Dizzle Senior Member

Any vids or sound clips of the Nightrains or Beserkers?

9. BornToLooze

BornToLooze Senior Member

If nobody else has one I can get you one, I have a set of Beserkers in my Standard, I'll try to record something.

10. CheopisIV

A customer just sent me a great vid with the Beano (London '66) set. Not bad!!

11. BornToLooze

BornToLooze Senior Member

Here's a not so good video with my Berserkers.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfolKm2LPUg[/ame]

12. CheopisIV

Thanks for the vid! That was a great showing of the Zerks :)

13. CheopisIV

Beano set Vid 2; clean to crunch.

14. Matt616

Matt616 Member

I have got to say that the night trains I installed last June on my 2012 traditional are awesome. Those pickups just nail the 80's tone. I love the bridge and neck pickups equally (I am a mostly a bridge pickup player though). Your pickups have made this Les Paul my #1 guitar. I will definitely be in touch in the future for more pickups.

BTW, do you make any f-spaced pickups?

15. CheopisIV

Thanks for the follow up on the Nightrains, I grew up on G'N'R, Nazareth, RATT, WASP....so had to hit the 80s tones. Focus was on 'Slashtone' of course! :slash:

I don't do F-spaced pickups as of yet.

16. Tsquared

Tsquared Trunk Monkey

So far I've only tried the Georgia Bootleg Set, but they are never leaving the guitar they are in. They just get better and better. David winds a great pickup.

17. CheopisIV

New machine arrived, spent the past few days cleaning it up and checking everything out. Had to modify some parts to accommodate winding pickups on it but everything worked out! Here's a vid showing it in operation. Now I just need to get it on the bench and put to work.

18. CheopisIV

Need the vid in my own thread too. Soo tasty!

19. BlueCajun

BlueCajun Senior Member

20. CheopisIV

Thanks! The amp and player have something to do with that killer sound as well though ;)

And in other news.... New project in the works.