Show off your Elite/Elitist Club Members

Discussion in 'Epiphone Les Pauls' started by cvrle1, Jan 31, 2014.

1. irie

irie Senior Member

Could not agree with you more on this especially regarding the plain tops. Some of them are just mind blowing in grain and natural figure while even the more subtle tops conceal a whole world of depth depending on the angle you see them at. Mine has a simple tight grain one way, that is wavy and wild the other and the mineral deposits don't appear until you look at it from a completely different angle. Fun stuff and great guitars to play too boot. :cool:

2 people like this.
  2. Cardinalcomb

Cardinalcomb Senior Member

She's a beaut, for sure. I should try taking a better photo without all that glare.

The bro on the right gets the most playing time and has some serious mojo. It gets compliments by techs all the time.

3. dirtylivin1979

dirtylivin1979 Junior Member

HI guys I have never posted anything before ,so here goes. I have owned alot of nice high end Gibsons and sold all them off . Reason being the elite or elitist guitars, they are excellent we all know. I have always know about them ,but never really thought of checking them out . I bought an elite es 335 63 dot not even a month ago. What an amazing guitar in looks,feel and sound . I like it more than the Gibson 335s I have owned . I bought last week an elitist les paul standard plain top ,again amazing all around guitar . Now I really like both but I'm going to sell one or trade . Les pauls are a hit and miss for me but this one just works, and I really like the colour alot. I'm guessing the 335 might be worth a little more and being the first year I don't know ? There both perfect but I'm not big on the cherry red 335 . I just never liked red guitars all that much , but it's really nice and was thinking of selling or trading for a vintage sunburst 335 . That's if i can find one in that colour ,because 335 are great guitars . If not I'll probably sell it and keep the les paul ,which is a really dark honey that's almost a vintage sunburst. Don't know what to do ,but 1 has to go a and it's not an easy decision . I'll post pics :slash:

4. dirtylivin1979

Here's some pics.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  5. dirtylivin1979

Don't think I'm doing this right.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  6. dirtylivin1979

Les Paul in darker room.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  7. dCi_king

dCi_king Senior Member

This color is f...... awesone!!:applause:

8. paruwi

paruwi Kraut-Rocker Super Mod Premium Member

Hi,
    welcome here @ MLP
    :wave:

I copied the 'URL' into the 'mountain & sun' symbol
    to show your nice guitars

9. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Senior Member

That Plaintop is gorgeous! But having no experience with 335's, I sure can't advise you. I do remember seeing a couple VSB 335's on Ebay a month or so ago, so there are some floating around.

10. dirtylivin1979

Thanks very much , I know it's a real looker . I put the pickups back in last night . It reminds me of some R0 I have seen . I call it a bourbon burst if any , but know it's a real dark honey and not vintahe sunburst. If it was then the back would be light brown not a dark chocolate. Both guitars are equally amazing also. That's what makes this so hard to choose. I'm in Canada myself and really would like to find a vintahe sunburst es 335. You guys won't believe what I payed for the red es 335 elite either. The guy I bought it from was the original owner , but the store never gave him the original case . I can't complain because it's mint , but that's why I bought the les paul plain top for good money mint condition with original case.

11. Poetmonk

Poetmonk Member

Hi everyone. I know I'm late to the party but I just joined the community. Here's my 2003 Epiphone Elite Les Paul Plus in the rare Honeyburst. Modded.

image.jpg

6 people like this.
  12. Poetmonk

Poetmonk Member

image.jpg

2 people like this.
  13. Poetmonk

Poetmonk Member

2 people like this.
  14. Poetmonk

Poetmonk Member

And another. image.jpg

2 people like this.
  15. Poetmonk

Poetmonk Member

Another.
    image.jpg

2 people like this.
  16. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Senior Member

Gorgeous. Just gorgeous. :thumb: Even the amber knobs fit this color. :naughty:

1 person likes this.
  17. MrJudd77

MrJudd77 Senior Member

WoW. So much want here. Now I must find one as well

18. flats750

flats750 Senior Member

Since I bought mine, I have become an Elitist snob (lol, see what I did there...) Other Epi's aren't even on my radar anymore, and a Gibby would really have to stand out to get me to look. I scan the local CL, Reverb and EBay all the time for them waiting for one of the Tabacco plain tops to come up...

1 person likes this.
  19. B5Erik

B5Erik Senior Member

How would you compare an Elitist to a Tribute?

20. flats750

flats750 Senior Member

For me, Elitist all the way. They feel more old Gibson to me than any of the Epi's including the Tributes. Lighter, more classic feel and tone. The one I have, to me feels alot like a 90's era 1960's Classic, and has a very airy vintage LP tone. Plus, the finish doesn't have that heavy poured on feeling of the modern Epi's. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Epi's, but the Elitist are a different animal. IMO

1 person likes this.