SHNGD - R8 MTM Dirty Lemon

Discussion in 'Historics & Reissues' started by The General, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Progrocker111

Progrocker111 Senior Member

Beautiful guitar, congrats. :)

The General likes this.
  2. John Dewey

John Dewey Senior Member

Right on General, good stuff! You're welcome man!

The General likes this.
  3. Sct13

Sct13 Gold Supporter Premium Member

I need to spend time with them before deciding on what.... if anything. I played it for maybe 10 minutes, and didn't evaluate every point....that's usually done at home.

I swap a lot of pickups because I think I'm chasing the ultimate combination....(which doesn't really exist ...hint)

You really have to decide what it has..... too much of...... or what's it missing... from your tone pallet.

Start with the pots and see how they respond to your needs. Some players never use them....on 10 all the time....others use three positions 10, 5 and 1 or 2. I'm a three position user....when your live, you don't have time to be too selective. I also use it to swell a note ....

Evaluate when you need to clean up....does the volume control work like a fader or a switch? Does it muddy up when you turn down? (most do)

After you evaluate the pots, and your still missing something, look into pickups....but be careful here because that's a crap shoot too...

In the end your amp settings and musicianship are vital.. and remember dynamics are key to being "the Anchor" I played anchor for a long long time, in fact I prefer it...

The General and John Dewey like this.
  4. bungle

bungle Premium Member

That is most triumphant. Enjoy!:thumb:

The General likes this.
  5. The General

The General Senior Member

Thanks @Sct13 . Appreciate the info. Right now all is good, the only possible tone mod may be the pick guard.

I should note that by referring to myself as anchor, I mean I drag the rest of the band down. You were the anchor in a good way, me not so much. :D

6. John Dewey

John Dewey Senior Member

Don't be so hard on yourself. It takes guts to get up on stage. You have this man!

The General and Sct13 like this.
  7. Sct13

Sct13 Gold Supporter Premium Member

I get it, we were all there once.

It does take guts, and if your doing it and keep practicing you’ll be pro by the end of the year!

I decided to help some old band mates with playing bass .... im not a bass player!!! I felt like an anchor.... but I might have this down, its fun...

8. freebyrd 69

freebyrd 69 Premium Member

Hey now Mr.....first off, thank you for the kudos, but let's not go too far with this. The band has been a great group project. No anchors on this boat, it's sailing just fine! You are workin' you ass off and sounding great! Saturday night will be a blast!!

Sct13 and Thumpalumpacus like this.
  9. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Senior Member

Now that's a goddamned guitar. Play 'er in good health, brotha, and kudos to FB for cuttin' an honest deal.

The General and freebyrd 69 like this.
  10. Haprom

Haprom Senior Member

Beautiful Guitar. It's Good to have Friends in Low Places...

The General and freebyrd 69 like this.