sheptone strat pickups

Discussion in 'Fender' started by jonesy77777, Jan 19, 2010.

1. jonesy77777

jonesy77777 Senior Member

Hey guys,

I received a set of sheptone pickups today, the standard strat set. I have a 57' vintage american strat and was not very happy with the quality of the pup's in that so I put these in. The clip attached is of both pickups. I recorded the first clip which are the stock pups(FIRST MINUTE) and left everything exactly as it was and installed the new ones, plugged it back in and finished recording the clip.

Just a quick review of the pickups. First, they came uncovered and were stamped on the back so your knew what pup was what. Loads of lead. The sound is very lively and crystal clear, exactly how I think a strat should sound. I don't know if it is captured on the clip very well or not, but the sound is much more articulate and responsive, picking up alot more nuances of the amps effects. For both clips the guitar was on the neck/middle setting. Besides the big improvement in tone, the biggest difference was the feedback, or lack of it. The others were bordering on unusable in my interference heavy basement, the sheptones are almost, and I mean very close to being silent. Like my experience with boutique HB's, these strat pickups are a huge improvement of the stock fenders. The tolerance on the boutiques is so high it's really impressive. Here is the clip, feel free to ask any questions. Cheers.
    SoundClick artist: Guitar sound clips - page with MP3 music downloads

2. bambam270

bambam270 Junior Member

hello my friend im intrested in this pickups what model do u have ?