Sheptone AB

Discussion in 'Pickups' started by roknfnrol, Nov 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. roknfnrol

roknfnrol Senior Member

These pickups are a great match for my '65 SG. Warm and punchy clean tones, rocking dirty tones. 8.5k bridge, 8.0k neck. Amp is a Muleskinner 17 watt, dirt is a Greer Lightspeed. I was also really impressed with the Tribute set in my LP as well.

alnico59, 61LPSG and smoke eater like this.
  2. smoke eater

smoke eater Senior Member

^^^I watched this video earlier today, coincidentally I'm interested in purchasing both an SG and Greer Light Speed.

I did own a set of AB customs a while ago but passed them on to friend before I had a chance to try them out. I really should buy another set of AB's or possibly the tributes but I still have a few sets PAF clones that I haven't installed yet either...I need more guitars!

Your videos on YT are great btw, keep up the good work!

roknfnrol likes this.
  3. Slater529

Slater529 Premium Member

I got turned on to Sheptone when I bought an R9 that had been previously owned by Brian Kahanek. It came loaded with Sheptone BKs... Great sounding pickups! I no longer have that R9, but I bought another set of BKs for my R8. I think Sheptone's are awesome pickups, and the prices are very reasonable.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    roknfnrol and 6077dino like this.
  4. 61LPSG

61LPSG Senior Member

Mike,
    Sweet setup, and tasty chops. I really liked your '67 ES 330 video a lot.
    Rock on.:acoustic:

roknfnrol likes this.
  5. alnico59

alnico59 Premium Member

I saw that video and gave it a thumbs up for sure. Personally I liked the way those sounded vs the set you had in your LP that you recently demoed.

6. Dryz

Dryz Junior Member

I'd buy used. I have heard of a lot of people having problems with getting pickups on time or at all. I emailed him and never got an email back, i think twice, over the last three months.

Great pickups, the customer service however...meh.

7. Sheptone Pickups

Sheptone Pickups Junior Member

Can you please send me over the email address you are using to contact me? I'm surprised to hear that I actually missed an email, let alone two from the same person.

As for any deliveries that were late, I would guess those are all related to the Black Friday sale last year. Unfortunately/fortunately, I was only anticipating maybe 20-30 orders, 50 at most...for the day. But we received hundreds of orders and in many cases, people were ordering 5-10 sets at a time. We sold more in that one day than we had all year. That did take a good three months to dig out of. But outside of that, all orders are built to order and ship within three weeks.

Lastly, for anyone telling you I didn't ship them their order, please get me their information right away...or at least have them contact me. I'm surprised they haven't reached out on their own. You and/or they can reach me directly at info@sheptone.com I show that every single order received has been shipped and according to the tracking numbers, every single one has been delivered.

Thanks in advance for the help. This kind of customer service is not how great businesses are built and I want to make sure this gets resolved.

VictorB, Fiesta Red, 61LPSG and 4 others like this.