Seymour Duncan Bonamassa Skinnerburst set

Discussion in 'Pickups' started by Laro, Jun 6, 2016.

1. NotScott

NotScott Premium Member

I am still loving my set after being installed over a year! I have had no issues with weak outputs or thin sound and have no intention of further pickup swapping for this guitar.

framos and BlueCajun like this.
  2. Starman

Starman Senior Member

I'm guessing mine may have possibly lost magnet strength? It has changed since installation.

3. ARandall

ARandall Senior Member

Unless you have put a strong magnetic field right next to the pickup then this is unlikely. A3 from 50's p90s still show good gauss and they're in a naturally degaussing position.

4. darthphineas

darthphineas Senior Member

my set doesn't strike me as too thin, at least given consideration of what an old vintage PAF should sound like. the only way in which I think it could be considered soft would be in a way that I can remedy with the slightest of tweaks to the amp. I think I could put it in my Top 5 of which I've tried in this class of pickups.

looking forward to the next Bonamassa model, although I think they should put a cease to all the "limited" malarkey and make them all production models. it's pretty much they already do with all their "exclusive" models (i.e., Black Winter, WLH, JB Prototype, Alpha-Omega, etc).

BlueCajun likes this.