Serial Number of '60 Burst at Willies?

Discussion in 'Vintage Les Pauls' started by Chicken Wing, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing Premium Member

Haven't been on for a little while, but I was perusing the vintage My Les Paul forum threads and came across this beauty at Willies, which appears to have either been sold or is no longer for sale.
    http://www.mylespaul.com/threads/uncirculated-clean-1960-burst-at-willies.387656/

Guitar looks fantastic. Was anybody able to determine the serial number (or at least the serial number range) of that beauty?

If not, I believe that it is probably in the 0 7xxx serial number range. Even tho they have thin necks and the so called tomato soup finish, I find that those guitars play and sound incredible in that range, especially 0 7440 - 0 7460.
    I own 0 7442 and it is a great one. I also believe Ed King, Tom Wittrock, JBLPPlayer and other fine players gravitate towards these when going for a '60. I love mine, even tho it is not in anywhere the shape of the one that was at Willies. Mine has been played, and there are no breaks or repairs on mine, except for the tuners being changed sometime in the '70s. Original tuners are back on.

I may be completely wrong on this, but the vibe on the "Willie's" guitar reminds me of the 0 7xxx range.

Here's a couple of photos of mine, 0 7442.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ESchmidt

ESchmidt Senior Member

Thanks or sharing your guitar; I always enjoy when you post pics of your burst. Looks fantastic!

3. Midnight Blues

Midnight Blues Premium Member

Just beautfiul! :drool: