Selling my epiphone sg g-400

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by tylerw16, Nov 22, 2009.

1. tylerw16

tylerw16 Junior Member

Sold!

2. TWANG

TWANG Senior Member

bump for a good deal..
    I just spent guitar money or I'd have grabbed it myself.

3. JMV

JMV Senior Member

Wow...that IS a good deal. It'll get snatched up in no time at all.

4. tylerw16

tylerw16 Junior Member

ya i need to sell it as soon as possible i smashed the screen on my ipod today and need a new one lol

5. JMV

JMV Senior Member

Do you have any more, non-blurry pics of it?

northernguitarguy likes this.
  6. tylerw16

tylerw16 Junior Member

ya il go take some and put them up

7. tylerw16

tylerw16 Junior Member

comes with hardshell case

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Sinmastah

Sinmastah Epi Verification Expert V.I.P. Member

Does the new/relocated strap button help with stability at all?

9. Sirzach

Sirzach Senior Member

Well, that guitar looks great, and an amazing deal at 180 dollars.

Sadly, I just bought some gear, so I don't want to blow the rest of my money on a new guitar, haha.

10. tylerw16

tylerw16 Junior Member

ya the relocated strap button is great the guitar is perfectly staple with it .if you put it on the original strap button its really neck heavy

11. Sinmastah

Sinmastah Epi Verification Expert V.I.P. Member

A good way to make it stable is by changing the grovers on it, from the heavy nickel ones they used, to the plastic, or MOP Keystone tuners. It takes a little weight off, but the fact that the SG's neck is so long, it can easily remove half or quarter pound of torque.

I was just curious to how the added button would help. Thanks for answering.

12. DagerOne

DagerOne Senior Member

Tyler,
    Got some contact info, and where are you located? Couldn't find a way to PM you. Shipping estimate to 46037?

13. tylerw16

tylerw16 Junior Member

your welcome

14. tylerw16

tylerw16 Junior Member

i sent you a message with my email and shipping estimate daggerone

15. tylerw16

tylerw16 Junior Member

anyone?

16. tylerw16

tylerw16 Junior Member

Soldsold!sold!

17. DagerOne

DagerOne Senior Member

Tyler,

Get back to me. There are some...issues...with the guitar that I'd like to discuss with you.

18. DagerOne

DagerOne Senior Member

Unfortunately, young Tyler Wrensted isn't being very neighborly.

He's since deleted the photos and the listing that he placed in order to sell his Epiphone SG G-400. From the comments that followed the original listing, however, you can gather that he showed the guitar to be in good used condition, and represented it as such in some follow-up emails to me. Quoting his email to me:

"the only thing wrong with it is on the head stock thres a chip in the clear coat and above the volume and tone controls theres a crack in the laquer but is almost impossible to notice enless you like stare at it
    just those 2 things but those are just cosmetic theres nothing rong with the guitar that affects its playability
    and the relocated strap button actully makes it easyer to play because it balences the guitar without it it is extremly neck heavy
    it sounds great tho"

I purchased the guitar and HSC and paid through PayPal.

First, he stated that he would be locking the case, and sending me the key to the lock separately. I received an empty envelope a few days later. I asked, and he did not have any additional keys to the lock, but assured me it was just a "cheap thin lock." He was right...I'm no master, but I managed to pick it rather easily:

[​IMG]

At any rate, I opened the case and was dismayed (sorry for all the photos):

The "chip" in the headstock clear coat:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's down the wood/veneer. That cloudy mess you see is where someone tried to superglue a cracked portion of the coat back down...poorly aligned, I might add.

The "impossible to notice" crack:
    [​IMG]
    Looks like someone overtightened the jack, or dropped the guitar with a cable in it.
    [​IMG]

The crack extends the length of the body underneath the pickguard:
    [​IMG]

He mentioned the relocated strap button (singular) and showed a photo of it on the rear of the body on the upper horn. He failed to mention or picture this one:
    [​IMG]
    This "neck strap button" makes the guitar virtually unplayable above the 12th fret, and has pushed the 14th fret out of the neck, resulting in some wicked string buzz:
    [​IMG]
    Who does that?!?

No mention of THIS beautiful strap-button relocation, either:
    [​IMG]

He mentions the "impossible to notice" cracks around the knobs, but doesn't mention or picture any of these:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Those are completely through to the wood.

Three of the knobs are original, and cracked to hell. One has been replaced:
    [​IMG]
    The pots are all scratchy as well, but that's inconsequential to me, really. Still, I think that would be something that I'd tell someone if I was selling them a guitar.

The nut has been broken and superglued back together:
    [​IMG]
    The clear has a crack in this area as well.

Now, I didn't expect the guitar to be in mint condition. I expected it to be in the good, used condition that Tyler Wrensted claimed it was in. It wasn't as though he listed a couple of things wrong with it and left things open ended for me to ask for specifics. He explicitly said the "only" things wrong with it were what he listed.

So, I emailed him, bringing up all of these other issues and asking for a partial reimbursement or for him to refund me in total and take the guitar back as it is clearly NOT as he advertised. His response:

"i bought it from my friend and took the button off the neck to make it easier to play
    i should have been more specific about what was wrong
    but i have nothing to give
    i sold it so cheap cause i knew how ever bought it would have to get some things fixed"

Frankly, I don't care if he sold it to me for $1 and a pack of gum, I believe that you shouldn't go out of your way to be deceitful when selling something. Again, it wasn't a matter of him being able to say "Well, you didn't ask if there was anything wrong with it" because I did, and his answer is printed above. I believe the guitar was grossly misrepresented, he recognizes that he did not describe the guitar accurately, but I'm curious what others here think.

I bought the guitar as a gift for my nephew. He's an Angus fan, but a guitar novice, and I thought this would be a great gift. I have no issue giving someone a used guitar as a gift, but I certainly can't give him a clearly ABUSED guitar as one. I anticipated a few repairs, but nothing as extensive as what this guitar would require to make it "gift-worthy" in my eyes.

Thoughts?

19. chasenblues

chasenblues Senior Member

WTF:mad2:...This Kid/guy scammed you(But you knew that allready)... Is there Anyway you can track his sorry ass down and BEAT the 180$ out of him using the guitar..Who the Hell would put a strap button On the neck what a schmuck..Any way to get the money back from paypal? I don't have any idea how they work. He should also be BANNED...

20. GreaseBox

GreaseBox V.I.P. Member

Dager,
    For starters, if you paid via PayPal, can't you file a claim through them? I have done so in the past with great success, PayPal are pretty good about protecting the buyer. Second, bring this to the mod's attention! This is a fraudulent act! Third, I think this guitar can be brought back to playing condition fairly easily but I still hope you didn't have to spend too much $$ since you were "had".

Peace man!
    :dude: