Sellers on Ebay who DO NOT own the guitars they sell

Discussion in 'Other Single-Cuts' started by villager, May 7, 2016.

1. longfxukxnhair

longfxukxnhair Senior Member

Thats to bad. Fun-Japanproduct has a real nice Tokai HLS-118 VF finish that I would like to have

2. Skit

Skit Witch Doctor Premium Member

Here you go this is the Ishibashi owner of that Tokai. jeggz recently had an order with ishbashi and they canceled it.

80K ¥ $460 cheaper than Fun-Japanproduct is trying to sell it for. http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/e/select.php?cd=80-315258811

3. longfxukxnhair

Some how I missed that when I was scanning their site. Thanks

4. nikku

nikku Senior Member

Fed up with these people, it's just dishonest. They seem to be increasing in number too.

For them to justify by saying it helps reconstruction is as low as it gets.

I wonder if there is anything I can do about it? Is eBay ok with this? Aren't there rules about actually owning the items? Certainly use of others' photos without permission for profit Is illegal. I can tell you the shops are really pissed off about it.

They can't even speak English half decently! Just google translate the descriptions. So surely that is misrepresenting the items.

I wonder if they are declaring their business and paying income tax? Export license?

I might have to make this a personal mission! (Or just do it myself better)

5. longfxukxnhair

It seems like many are listing guitars that Ishibashi currently has for sale.

6. Buzzin_Cousin

Buzzin_Cousin Senior Member

I wonder if eBay would close the account if made aware of it. I don't know if they have a policy against selling items not in inventory, but they have a policy against cancelling items, at least repeatedly.

7. longfxukxnhair

Its worth a shot.
    :fingersx:

8. Hired Goon

Hired Goon Junior Member

I recently bid on a Greco 700 from Fun-Japanproduct and they refunded me immediately. Gave me some song and dance about a problem with the neck, and promptly tried to sell me another Greco. I put in a complaint to eBay as I can still see the guitar listed with another Japanese vendor.

Make sure you complain guys or nothing will change. It is fraud.

longfxukxnhair likes this.
  9. Evo8

Evo8 Senior Member

skillful_sailor_japan

Recently got something from Ishibashi, yet its still listed on this ebay account.

10. jw3571

jw3571 Senior Member

So what's the consensus on this, should you stay away from buying anything from Japan? I've been corresponding with EastIslandCrew on eBay, it looks like someone listed him on here as someone to avoid. I found the guitar i'm after cheaper on Digimart, of course i can't read much as i don't speak japanese. Is Digimart safe?

11. Udonitron

Udonitron Psychedelic Stoner Rock Premium Member

12. tommynacc

tommynacc Junior Member

Just recently, made a purchase fromeBay seller Superbanjoman of a Burny RLG-85S-HB (LP with Floyd Rose in Cherry burst). The guitar I've been dreaming about for way too long! This purchase was made from Superbanjoman. I'm beaming from excitement! I finally got it at a price lower then I would have ever thought!

An hour later, I get a message from eBay that I, "Me" the buyer cancelled the sale!

I'm panicked, pissed-off and cant believe it! I fire off a message to Superbanjoman. 10 minutes later, a message comes back in broken English, obviously using Google Translate, that he was sorry, but that he was sorry, but the guitar was sold in his store and that he forgot to take it off eBay and that my PayPal to him would be refunded immediately in 3-6 days!!!!

I call up eBay pissed off, tell them what happened and they could have cared less, but they did change the transaction to him cancelling it not me, meaning my money is refunded immediately, only it won't show on PayPal until 2-3 business days!

Superbanjoman then sends me a message that he will look for a substitute guitar for me, which I think means that eBay did send him the a message about the complaint. Of course, no response since last week, seven days later!

Does anyone know this seller and do you think it's a similar seller that makes Japan Guitars list of bad sellers?

13. m5570

m5570 Junior Member

I just bought an Orville Melody Maker off some guy from Japan. At first he couldn't come up with the tracking # & then I mentioned it was still up on Ebay... he came through though, had the guitar w/in a week.

I did have another guy I was bargaining with on a guitar and he offered me a different gutted Greco that's basically just the body for $400. Hmmm...

14. bluesriffdev

bluesriffdev Member

Jumping@shadows likes this.
  15. Jumping@shadows

Jumping@shadows V.I.P. Member

Is it safe to assume anything from Superbamjoman is to be avoided? He has a cheap beater EGF850 I'm looking at, but is unable to supply further pics of the condition, and there's a logo obviously blurred out in the auction listing..

16. free713

free713 Senior Member

That pic is from a store that sells though Digimart so you should be able to find it there. Sorry for the late reply... :)

bluesriffdev likes this.
  17. bluesriffdev

bluesriffdev Member

You're right! I didn't know about digimart until a couple weeks ago and I saw some guitars that were displayed on that... exotic... rug. IIRC it's from Kurosawa Gakki but don't quote me on that one. The guitar is gone, unfortunately. Such a beautiful top it had.

18. JohnInNJ

JohnInNJ Junior Member

Ebay seems to have restrictions on ONE seller offering the same item multiple times at different prices, but nothing on multiple sellers selling the same item. On its site it also states "eBay policies are intended to: Support laws and regulations...Minimize risks to sellers". Nothing at all about protecting buyers. I would also guess that a good percentage of guitars sold from Japan have rosewood and thus would need CITES clearance to both exit Japan and enter the US (or any other country). I would also guess that these middle sellers do nothing about getting clearance papers, thus also violating another Ebay policy stated as, "Prohibited items are not allowed to be sold on eBay, often because they're illegal or involve strict federal or state regulations." I've tried to buy various guitars containing rosewood from Ishibashi and have been refused every time because the store could not get the OK from the Japanese government. You really take your chances with the 3rd party ebay sellers.

19. purpledc

purpledc Senior Member

You can add "sound store japan" to the ebay list. They sold me an Edwards E-LP125ALS or what was supposed to be. It ended up being a pretty rare Edwards that no one seems to know how it exists. But the guitar was being sold on a different Japanese direct website and had I noticed the ad before I bought it on ebay I would have saved $350 on the guitar and another $50 on shipping. It was sold to me as new but was actually a Used Edwards. But it turned out to have a solid flame top so even for the price I paid it was worth it. But yeah, they hosed me. The person simply looks at Japan stores that sell guitars online that don't have ebay accounts and he relists the gear, sells it and drop ships.