Sellers on Ebay who DO NOT own the guitars they sell

Discussion in 'Other Single-Cuts' started by villager, May 7, 2016.

1. villager

villager Senior Member

some of them have 2500 guitars listed, thats a lot of deposits....

2 people like this.
  2. Guitar Rod

Guitar Rod Senior Member

So where are you finding the originals at half the price?

3. Liam

Liam V.I.P. Member

I have bought a couple of guitars from batfuk, but nothing lately. All exactly as described, shipped promptly and well-packed. If the UK pound ever recovers it might happen again. :)

Liam

4. Howiej

Howiej Junior Member

"tokyo_creators_music" is another one for the list.

5. Ph03n1x

Ph03n1x Senior Member

6. Brians Evil Twin

Brians Evil Twin Poophoria Sōtō Zen V.I.P. Member

Google image search anything and everything you buy online.

7. Shackenb

Shackenb Senior Member

Somebody experience with deepkashi or product value?

8. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason

I don't see the problem. If you shop online you have things drop shipped to you. You're buying from someone that doesn't own the products they're selling. If a person pays more because they didn't do enough research, and the price was OK to them...so be it.

9. dangerdog

dangerdog Senior Member

One thing to have a brand new item dropped shipped another a one of a kind used instrument.

They haven't even seen what they are selling so their descriptions are 2nd hand at best. They also are lying when they pretend they own them. Other problem is that the guitars are often sold before they can get their hands on them. Many of these guys will keep your payment until paypal forces them to give it back. Check some of their negative feedbacks.

My main issue is that they totally muddy the waters and make people not trust sellers in Japan period. Directly affects business for those of us that actually own our stock.

I had one of those clowns trying to sell a guitar that I actually had in my possession. Almost ruined a 4k deal when my buyer backed out becasue he was nervous and couldn't understand why it was still "for sale". Barely salvaged that one.

They don't keep track of whether or not any of the 2.5k guitars they have listed have sold or not.

I would take much less issue with them if they were honest about what they do.

10. longfxukxnhair

longfxukxnhair Senior Member

I have some experience with this seller. Actually a pretty good seller. I offered him less than he was asking. He accepted my offer and the guitar was here in a reasonable time frame. That was before I knew he was selling gear he didnt have/own.

11. longfxukxnhair

+1

12. Shackenb

Shackenb Senior Member

Thanks a lot!

13. B.A.D

B.A.D Member

I exclusively buy from Musician's Friend just because of this reason. I have to see one hell of a deal on ebay to consider it.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

14. Mowgli5555

Mowgli5555 Senior Member

Just thought that I would comment on this thread after being away for a bit.

After this last year, I decided that I wanted an inexpensive MIJ Tele or Strat. Started doing a little research on the various models.
    Decided I didn't want Basswood or Sen, so I was looking to either Ash or Alder.

The Fender Extrads were just a bit out of my range, and the JV range was also getting up there.
    Didn't need JV or anything with a particular vintage, was just going to buy an American 57 Reissue Strat and thought I would explore my options.

So I narrowed it down to about the 1986-1994 year range and was hoping for a lacquer top coat MIJ Fender.
    I was looking for a player, with 80+% fret life, 54 or 57 Reissue w/v neck and wanted a pre- "crafted in Japan" Fender.

One thing is for sure, though..... I haven't bought directly from any Japanese auction websites and was worried about buyer protection.
    If it didn't arrive as described, or was damaged, how was I to ship it back to Japan and/or get a refund.

Started by searching MLP, Digi, Ishi, YJ..... I hadn't seen this thread yet, and decided to search the Bay.
    Most of the prices were very high from Japan and some were advertised more than once, by different sellers.
    I understood preselling a bit from importing a truck from Japan and knew there were sellers in the US that even advertised cars they did not own.

Still wish I would have seen this thread before purchasing the instrument, because I actually went through one of the sellers listed in this thread.
    I couldn't find the guitar on any Japan websites, and didn't want to wait 6 months to beat on a Strat.
    Now along for the ride and we will see where this takes me. It just made it easier to have some buyer protection through Ebay and PayPal.

On a side note, the seller exchanged kind words and accepted an offer. I didn't get a deal of the day or anything, but feel comfortable with the price paid. Josh

15. AK Epi Player

AK Epi Player Senior Member

16. Olds442

Olds442 Senior Member

the guitar i just made a store order for was listed on the bay by "japannissan" .

it's been pulled off of both Jguitar and ebay, so hopefully i got it.

17. matte

matte Senior Member

tokyo_creators_music was trying to break off a guitar in me recently.

18. longfxukxnhair

Ebay Seller massamassa12345 Has listed a used see thru pink Edwards E LP for $1,374.99 plus shipping. Same guitar is on Buyee for 64,000 Yen. He more than doubled the price on the same exact guitar and is still asking for shipping cost. His price is more than they sold for new.

Stay away from this seller.

Ebay seller lssa-tamago is doing the same thing. Both him and massamassa12345 are selling the same guitar.

19. Olds442

Olds442 Senior Member

fun-japanproduct and sunrise-guitar both listed this "Bacchus BFC-168" that was for sale at Hybrid Music.

[​IMG]