Seeking info on MIK LP

Discussion in 'Epiphone Les Pauls' started by bc7889, Jan 16, 2018.

1. bc7889

bc7889 Junior Member

20171208_205733.jpg 20171210_011029.jpg
    I recently acquired a 1993 Samick made Les Paul with a Birdseye Maple top and a lighter wood back (alder or maple) and a mohagony neck. According to the serial number it was made in December of 93, but every time I try to find the value it only shows model years 94-97 or 99, and only opts for a mohagony back. Any ideas on info/value?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2018
  2. paruwi

paruwi Kraut-Rocker Super Mod Premium Member

Hi,
    welcome here @ MyLesPaul

why should there be any difference in value ?
    You might get a few $$ more if sombody likes the birdseye veneer
    or you might get less if somebody doesn't like it

3. bc7889

bc7889 Junior Member

I had noticed that mine was made during an early run, plus I've not come across many that had the lighter back, so I didn't know of it affected value. I'm still not 100% sure as to what these are truly worth, light or dark back. They've sold for all sorts of numbers.

4. Pflug

Pflug Senior Member

I've got a '98 Samick Birdseye- paid $285 with a damaged original hard case- probably a $300 guitar if perfect. Have seen a few listed for a lot more but not selling.
    Although some of the Koreans are very nice instruments (I also have a beautiful '02 Unsung) the 90's Samicks are a bit wonky, have "odd" hardware, terrible pickups and electronics and just don't feel up to the standards of later guitars- the uniformed seem to think the Koreans are all great where (seems to be a myth based mainly on the fact they're no longer made)
    I added a Duncan Distortion set and black hardware to mine (I've got the dark finish back- its a veneer so I can't imagine the color making a real difference in value)

Birdseye.jpg

Zoobiedood likes this.