Seattle guitar show Oct. 4

Discussion in 'MLP Meets' started by Big John, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Big John

Big John tastes like chicken V.I.P. Member

here's the flyer

1 person likes this.
  2. flatwound

flatwound Member

see you there...should be good! Go Hawks!!

3. Big John

I got so much stuff I don't use that I was actually thinking about renting a table with a buddy, and he's got more stuff than I do.

1 person likes this.
  4. Slater529

Slater529 Premium Member

I'll be there, table B7. Sharing with a friend. Stop by and say "Hi".

5. Ghostman

Ghostman Senior Member

I went was was sorely disappointed. It was like every pawn shop in the area set up a booth. Didn't even have the audacity to clean the guitars, or "Death Metal" footpedals to sell them. Worst $10 I've spent all summer.

:(

6. Big John

There were a few amps there that I should've ponied up on. That all original mid-60's non-verb Deluxe that was peeking out under a table was very tempting. And I should've nabbed a few Mesas; that Studio 22+ and that 100w Nomad were priced extremely cheap. It was cool to see that 1 of 3 made custom Lucky13 head. The guy that had it was a friend of Mike Soldano's, and it was cool to talk amps with him. The parts guys were all over the map; some stuff priced great, other stuff at Arlington prices. Lots of used Fender guitars that were priced on the high side I thought. One of the big vendors there (5-6 tables?) had his guitars priced so high that I doubt he sold even one, especially since he spent most of his time with his nose buried in his phone. The coolest guitars there in my mind was the '58 Goldtop ($80k) that Rick had, and then one guy had a '41 Martin ($20k) that played and sounded like God. I got there early, so a free set of strings and a free issue of Vintage Guitar made the $10 easier to swallow. All-in-all, the show was mediocre.

Side note: the dude in parking lot made the best hot dog I've had in years.

1 person likes this.
  7. Big John

Another thing that I found interesting was a conversation I eaves dropped in on. There's a pair of older guys that do video reviews of gear; can't think of their names. I think I've seen one vid a while ago, which was a complete waste of time. Anyway, one of those guys was at the show. I overheard him talking to a vendor. The topic turned to the review videos. The old guy said that he has tons of boutique pickups that were given to him to do reviews on, and their policy was no returns on review gear. He makes the comment that he should've gotten a table and sold them to make a few bucks. He specifically mentions that he could've taken a little trip on selling the Throbak's alone. This guy was a real piece of work.