Rumor is BIG Price increase for Gibson in 2015?

Discussion in 'Historics & Reissues' started by bugman, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Sct13

Sct13 Gold Supporter Premium Member

:lol:

I thought exactly the same thing as well, just didnt type it!

1 person likes this.
  2. spindrift

spindrift Senior Member

You guys are SICK

1 person likes this.
  3. SteveC

SteveC Get off my f*cking lawn. V.I.P. Member

I may have to return my new Benz and get….

1 person likes this.
  4. TeaForTwo

TeaForTwo The Guitar Whisperer Premium Member

My Kingdom for an R9!!!

1 person likes this.
  5. jamman

jamman Premium Member

FORD =? Fix Or Repair Daily ?

:lol:

Couldn't resist , Sorry :wave:
    At least with Gibson , swapping pots and pups is relatively inexpensive :hmm: I owned a FORD once . :laugh2: It got totaled when it was parked .... I wasn't upset ....:wow:(True )

6. Fiftywattmafia

Fiftywattmafia Senior Member

I'm ready for March 1st for warmer weather hopefully here in New England and to actually SEE this price increase and what these guitars are going to cost.

If you want to get into a True Historic the way to go is TH7 or TH8. Which will essentially run you what an R9 costs right now.

$5200 give or take for a '58 True Historic is what its gonna be.

7. patentcad

patentcad Senior Member

Can you just review for me what Gibson is improving on these TH guitars that might prompt you to buy the pricier new one? I'm sure that's been reviewed, just asking for a 50 word or less synopsis if you would be so kind.

8. patentcad

patentcad Senior Member

I saw what Gibson is saying about the TH models, but don't they kind of say that stuff every other year about Custom Shop Historics? Sounds like subtle changes, but maybe the LP experts like 50 watt can tell the difference. I bought a gorgeous light R8 from 50 a couple years back and I was astonished at how he had changed EVERYTHING on the guitar. That was my baptism into the world of LP Zealots : ).

Me I buy the guitars and maybe I'll take a pickguard off. I think they're pretty great right off the rack. These 2014s are the best electrics I've ever played. Easy to look at too.

2 people like this.
  9. jlb32

jlb32 Senior Member

IMO not much has changed in the way Gibson was/is making the 2013's and 2014 Reissues. Slightly different colored plastics and maybe a little more hand sanding the body over using the slack belt sander for the carve in 2015. A lot of hype with a big price increase.

When some of the new run of CC Shanks being made in 2015 are still coming out of the Custom Shop with pencil marks that tells me not much has changed.

10. lesterp

lesterp Senior Member

I've been following this thread for awhile. Really don't care about the price increase as I'm happy with the Lesters I've got and have no plans on purchasing new.

What I am curious about is the price of used Historic's once the price increases take effect. Can only imagine all used Historic's will go up some in value.

11. Rodmac

Rodmac Senior Member

According to Henry's 100 foot tape measure........ there's still a LOT of inches left to go to reach Nirvana Rudi :lol: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

1 person likes this.
  12. Rodmac

Rodmac Senior Member

Bottom line is ...... if you have a great C/S Lester from any year, and you can play, then these new ubber expensive ones will sonically do nothing more for you at that extra cost. If you're a train spotter and believe the hype about these being as close as possible to the real deal then buy into the hype.

Looking at a lot of the CC's that are supposed to replicate exactly the guitar they're based on, and seeing tops and wear marks that look nothing like the Original, I don't have much faith in Gibsons hype machine. The new pre 2015 C/S LP's & CCs are beautiful guitars, but so is my 2010 R8 very plain topped Iced Tea lefty. And it Feels, Sustains and Sounds great.

Through my stock original '66 JTM-45 MKIV Super Trem Blues Breaker (Head) and T1221 003 original pulsonics loaded early Orange / Matamp cab it gets me to nirvana.

Randy Rhoads got pretty good tone :naughty: with his Norlin era LP and Marshalls....... don't think he ever worried that it wasn't '50s era spec correct. He just learned (and never stopped learning) how to play :)

Pete Townshend - Les Paul Deluxe / Hiwatt and Scott Gorman (Thin Lizzy) Les Paul Deluxe / Marshall also sounded killer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GZmRME_nFZs#t=88

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htz9CS-Zmms&feature=player_detailpage#t=82

6 people like this.
  13. bonchie

bonchie Senior Member

The price increase is already out there. And people still can't sell their 13/14' R8's for more then 3-3.2k.

2 people like this.
  14. Sct13

its way too early, its not the price increase for the USA line, but the reduced # of planned historics and the price increase of historics is what could drive up the prices for Historic RI's ...

Its only speculation, but folks who have 13's and 14's will want to hang on to them if they do not want to buy into the new ones. (I Know I am keeping at least two and do NOT plan on buying a 15 model historic).

The reduced numbers and higher prices of New 2015 spec'd Historics could drive the used 13 and 14 spec'd historic prices a bit higher only because there may be less of them to be had. Simple economics. But they did make a lot of them both years.

It remains to be seen about the earlier models. I do not see a big jump or any at all.

3 people like this.
  15. spindrift

spindrift Senior Member

Geezzz 5200 for an R8..which just up to now you can get for $3.5k...:wow:

16. Rodmac

Rodmac Senior Member

or way less used. But hang on...... it's not an Historic.... it's now a TRUE Historic !!!

Im gonna wait for 2016s Truelly Ruelly Historics :laugh2:

By the time Gibson offers us the absolute ultimate Les Paul Historic...... Henrys pricing will be equal to a Real '59 Burst :lol:

1 person likes this.
  17. spindrift

spindrift Senior Member

I agree- 13s and 14s are gathering a mystique about them already- they do seem to be universally acclaimed as Gibson's best yet...at the prices people are used to paying. The 15s might also be just as good but at $2k plus MORE???
    Yes I think that those two years WILL be more in demand on the used market(also because they are not that old anyway) and the earlier years will not change in price at all...each guitar is unique so there will be exceptions!

18. fleahead

fleahead Senior Member

You guys better buy every freakin' LP they're offering RIGHT NOW, because I found out yesterday that in 2016 NO Les Pauls will be made. Henry has decided that there are too many flooding the market.

Dusk Tiggers and Fireturds didn't work so now the entire line will be based on this. And it's all mandatory. For those who don't like any parts of them, they include a free screwdriver and Radio Shack soldering iron to "customize" yours.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. Sct13

Well, with news like that, anyone who owns a 13,14, and now maybe a 15 hit the lottery....

not sure bout the soldering iron....:naughty:

20. FennRx

FennRx Senior Member

:laugh2:

only by the people who own them. I've played several (I won't say plenty because that number might not be plenty to you) and while they were all very nice guitars, not one of them induced the slightest twinge of GAS in me. There was nothing about them that would have made me consider trading/selling my non-13/14 Historics in order to get one.

I will agree that the tops on the R8s especially have been nothing short of fantastic.

2 people like this.